Hemopure = blood

by undercover 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

From my not-so-extensive research, I have learned that Hemopure, a new blood substiture recently labeled as acceptable by the WTS, is made from large amounts of animal blood. If it's made from blood, then it has blood particles in it. If you're gonna adhere to some bible law that says no blood, shouldn't anything that contains blood parts be included? For years the WTS said no blood or parts of blood, including hemoglobin. But now it's okay to use Hemopure or other particles of blood. So which is it? Is blood sacred? Or just parts of it? Just the whole blood? Where is that in the Bible?

Another one of them things that has caused me to lose faith in the whole organization. I know that this has probably already been discussed but I saw this thread at JWZone and it got me to thinking bout it.

http://jwzone.org/forums/showthread.php?s=71206a8c228b7c32042bbeb3951abfb8&threadid=5803

Apparently these guys just don't get it.

• DJ
    DJ

Undercover,

Yup, you're right. hemopure is made from pasteurized cow's blood. For more info:

http://www.biopure.com also http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/hemopure.shtml

• stichione
    stichione

Isn't it hipocritical to say you can't take transfusions of human blood but you can now take infusions of highly purified cow blood?

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello undercover :o)

It would appear that if you call the new products *fake blood*/*oxygen therapeutics*/*blood substitutes* or something which *distances* them from blood, those posting to the thread for which you provided a link appear to conveniently overlook the fact that haemoglobin is contained in blood and that haemoglobin forms the basis for the new products currently undergoing tests. It would appear that these people are totally ignorant about the constitution of blood.

I read somewhere that Jehovah's Witness patients are usually willing to take any blood treatment/product which appears on the *acceptable* list of the WTBTS. One report I read also stated that a Jehovah's Witness was confused when she was allowed to use one of the new products and commented 'Apparently it is not blood'.

So, there you have it! Human blood transfusion is not allowed because there is a divine command to *abstain from blood*. HOWEVER....... you can take purified bovine haemoglobin because *apparently it is not blood* and therefore does not contravene the divine command.

Presumably, following WTBTS's statements, a Jehovah's Witness could in all conscience, have a transfusion of every fraction of blood minus one fraction, and it would not be *blood*.

* Such therapies are not transfusions of those primary components; they usually involve parts or fractions thereof. Should Christians accept these fractions in medical treatment? We cannot say. The Bible does not give details, so a Christian must make his own conscientious decision before God.*

Watchtower - June 15th, 2000

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Hopefully, like other things, they don't even know - lives will be saved and the foolishness of their whole activity will be exposed a little later on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit