The annual Jehovah's Witness Satanic Ritual

by unclebruce 31 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    this raises a question ive wondered about. when people _do_ show up out of the blue and partake, do they usually get counted? of course, we are not sposed to judge who's genuine or not but in practice, do u think elders make exceptions when they feel it necessary? how many of the 8000+ would be accounted for by people that just showed up and either chose to disobey or the talk or just didnt get it?

Good question Moxy,

Perhaps ozzie could give us the official position on that.

What if several thousand apostates attended and partook this year - how would that affect the figures? From memory Attendants are given instructions to discretely inquire after the meeting, and in the case of visiting Catholics and such - not record them as having partook.

unclebruce.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    i don't get that whole thing with the host. if jesus said "do this in remembreance of me" how could it be satanic? is jesus satan? was this a metaphor? if so did the apostiles eat? if jesus said to do anything, could it be satanic? isn't him saying to do it the best and only proof (to a charistian) that it is not satanic? if it is not flesh how is bread eating cannibalism? is this just more name calling? to call it canniblism means, to me, that you are saying that god made that bread flesh and if he made it flesh why not take it?

G'day Willy_Think,

It seems you haven't had much contact with Satanism. It's adherants like to mock all things Christian. They see a battle that we aren't aware of. Thus Hitlers henchmen were given a Satanic mass under the noses of their guards just prior to their execution following the Neurumberg trials and nobody battered an eyelid (to Himmler and his comrads receiving that black mass was a final victory)

Was Russell or Rutherford into Satanism? I don't know but the result of their notions of class is a ceremony almost indistinguishable from a black mass, except for the candles, pentagons robes and other superficial and all too obvious parraphenalia. And all this despite JWs being forced to burn their Black Sabbath Albumns in 1984!

hope this helped, unclebruce

• Carmel
    Carmel

Uncle,

I think Willy was perhaps asking about the reference to Mithrism. It's evident that the ritual that most Christians think originated with Jesus at the "last supper" has precedants in past religious rights that those same Christians brand as "satanic cults", ie the "Cult of Mithra". If Willy takes a little cruze through then internet I think he/she will find that many of the stories associated with the life of Jesus including the resurrection myth are not original.

cheers, Eligah....whoops,,Carmel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day unc,

<<I remmember the shock of going into the backroom after one memorial and seeing a kinda cracker and wine party with the leftovers. I was only 11 but it seemed pretty disrespectfull to me.>>

Now that you're older, it doesn't just 'seem', you know it is disrespectful. I wonder if they were of the 'great crowd'? If they were, they were partaking in sacrilege by partaking of the emblems and in such a manner. As the apostle Paul wrote about the dishonouring of the meal "that you may not come together for judgment"(1 Cor 11:34). I suppose if they professed to be of the anointed, then they were just plain greedy!

Cheers, Ozzie (of the non non-partakers class)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day again unc and Moxy,

Sorry to be delayed but I've had difficulty all day logging on to post or chat. All seems OK now, thanks Simon.

Anyhow, to the discussion.
    ======================================================================
    Moxy raised the following point: "this raises a question ive wondered about. when people _do_ show up out of the blue and partake, do they usually get counted? of course, we are not sposed to judge who's genuine or not but in practice, do u think elders make exceptions when they feel it necessary? how many of the 8000+ would be accounted for by people that just showed up and either chose to disobey or the talk or just didnt get it?"

In practice the elders do allow their judgment to influence the figure of partakers that the congregation secretary enters on the Memorial Attendance card. Theoretically they don't. Officially they don't. But in practice, from what I personally saw and partook in in several congregations, they do. I don't recollect reading any instructions on doing that.

Now unc when you suggested this: "What if several thousand apostates attended and partook this year - how would that affect the figures? From memory Attendants are given instructions to discretely inquire after the meeting, and in the case of visiting Catholics and such - not record them as having partook." in the past I've wondered about what would happen if this occurred. But then I've dismissed it from my mind as a bit of devilment and also dishonouring. But you weren't serious, were you?

Cheers,

Ozzie

• willy_think
    willy_think

unclebruce,
    i'm not sure i understand you, i know that in zoroasterisom 600 years older them chistianity, there was a savior born of a virgin, son of god, but how does any other religons belief cause a rejection of the words of jesus? satanic religon, to my understanding, denys christ. would satan "mock" a "satanic" ritual? if finding stories that parrel the NT in other beleifs nullifies the teachings of jesus, does that then mean then that we must reject all the teachings of jesus? sence he asked his desciples to partake in a "satanic right"? was it the "higher" calling of the deciples that protected them? it is my understanding that the "annoited" of the WT do eat the "bread" how can that be ok?

• Bruce144
    Bruce144

Hi Unc,

Only the 144,000 are built upon the 12 apostles the foundation stones of Christ's heavenly church. They are the only ones to be spiritually joined with Christ in heaven as heirs of God and joint heirs of Jesus. Being as they must die first in effect shedding their own blood and fleshly body to join Christ in heaven, only they are invited to partake of their attachment to Christ as part of his spiritual body. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the spiritual heavens and should not even considerer being part of his body by taking the emblems, even in jest, as is being done here.

Bruce Bainbridge

• willy_think
    willy_think

i "understand" what the WT is saying but the point that simon made nulifies the whole thing, how can that go unseen? that is what i don't get. if that is there complete justification, then the door to door work must be a satanic rite. jesus, to my understanding, came to and for all mankind. he was not a functionary of any "church" come to establish a law based system. if the "witches" or "satanist" mock the works of jesus, then how does there mockery make the eating of the "bread" anything but christian?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

This has just occurred to a friend as we read this thread and I may later regret this comment but thought I would just drop the thought. I am introducing a friend, an elder, to this web site and in reading this thread he raised this thought. Out of all the good Christians who at this time of year are interested in commemorating Christ’s sacrificial death, one group of over 14 million attendees will meet around the world on the same night and will, in nearly every congregation, simply watch the emblems passed by without actually partaking. As pointed out here all but about 8000 of these attendees will reject those emblems instead of doing “this in remembrance of me”.

On the most important evening of the year who is more disrespectful of the sacrifice than those who come just to refuse it. This rejection of the emblems could be viewed as rejecting Christ, as the emblems represent the flesh and blood of the Christ. Yet who in the scriptures so rejects the Christ except the “antichrist”? I hope he is wrong but I agreed to post his question.
    Jst2laws

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

jst2laws:

"As pointed out here all but about 8000 of these attendees will reject those emblems instead of doing “this in remembrance of me”...
    This rejection of the emblems could be viewed as rejecting Christ, as the emblems represent the flesh and blood of the Christ. Yet who in the scriptures so rejects the Christ except the “antichrist”?"

It's not a question, old son, he's right on the button!

I thought it was interesting though your referring to "the most important evening of the year". Is it really? Should it be an annual celebration? Is there evidence that the early Christians celebrated it more than once a year? You may like to check this out, but not in the Society's publications!

Cheers,

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit