Sex in the Sect

by PopeOfEruke 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Has anyone read this book by J. Vicky?

I found it in the local library catalogue:

Personal Author J., Vicky.
    Title Sex in the sect / Vicky J.
    Publication info Hawthorn, Vic. : Essien, 1995.
    Physical descrip viii, 216 p. ; 22 cm.
    General Note CIP confirmed.
    General Note CIP changed: previous entry had different subject package.
    Held by SBK
    Subject term Jehovah's Witnesses--Biography.
    Subject term Multiple personality--Biography.
    Subject term Sexual abuse victims--Australia--Biography.
    Subject term Jehovah's Witnesses--Sexual behavior.
    ISBN 0949873535 : $16.95

Pope

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Yes I think Marilyn has a copy...she mentioned it at our last apostofest. The author is an exjw abuse victim.

~Beck~

• Judith_01
    Judith_01

Yes, I have read this - it touches a bit on MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) which I think takes away from the issue. It's not bad - quite harrowing and pretty funny in places. Written by an Australian woman - worth the read but like I said, I have a problem with the whole MPD thing so it was not earth-shattering for me.

Jude

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Judith

I am curious about this book so I'm going to get it from the library this weekend. There is a good chance that PopeofEruke may question us about the contents, and so I want to be sure I am well informed

Where abouts in Aussie are you Judith?? Email if you want, I'm based in Melbourne...at [email protected]

~Beck~

• Jang
    Jang

Vicki has a real sense of humour and her wit really comes through in the book.

Pity it is out of print now ..... Have left messages for her everywhere to get in contact .... maybe we can get her to print more of them. Last I heard from her she was sailing around the East Coast and being a free spirit .....I'd ask her parents but I don't think they would talk to me either.

• Judith_01
    Judith_01

Hey Beck - I'm in Brisbane (and it's bloody hot today!)

Hope you manage to get hold of a copy - I just went to a council library and ordered it from another branch. There is only one copy in the system up here. Not surprisingly there are no copies of Franz - the librarian told me that everytime they get a copy in someone (probably a JW) takes it out and never returnes it! Talk about censorship!

cheers

Jude

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Don't the libraries down under have a system for fining persons who don't return books?

Here in the US it is one of the fundamental principles upon which the Public Library system was founded, I think.

How could a person get away with taking a library book and never returning it?

• Judith_01
    Judith_01

Hi Nathan

They simply don't return it and when the library chases them they pay the replacement costs and do the same thing all over again when the next copy comes in. While ever they are doing this the book is out of circulation and their work is done!!!

Jude

• Dia
    Dia

Would still love to hear from someone who's read it. Please share.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit