Facing up to the reality of the world

by purrpurr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Human beings are selfish and will continue to destroy Earth. (Religious people seem to be worse about this in my observation, because they believe gawd is going to come around and wipe it clean.) I think we need to take reasonable efforts as individuals to do the right thing and influence others to. This will slow the destruction and suffering resulting from it, but I don't think we as a species will stop ourselves entirely. There will eventually be a cataclysmic event to reduce or eliminate humans from the planet, and life will go on again as it has for so much of our history.

Despite knowing this, we should also try our best to enjoy life and make the most of our brains and energy to contribute to society.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

There will eventually be a cataclysmic event to reduce or eliminate humans from the planet, and life will go on again as it has for so much of our history.

Rebel I was thinking about that today. An extinction level event like a meteor impact perhaps?

Hopefully we'll find away off this third rock from the sun so our story as a species goes on.All it will take is enough time. Survival of the fittest you know.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The Watchtower belief system was like a security blanket, it protected you from fears of all the badness in the world, but it was a false security, it actually protected you from nothing.

Yes, reality is a cold, hard witch ( with a capital B), but it does get easier with time. The mind adjusts and eventually you get that while there is no panda hugging paradise coming, the world isn't going to be destroyed anytime soon either.

This is the new normal.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I am not an atheist, but I am not a cultist.

One leaving the cult physically does not mean that its effects immediately (or even much longer) leave you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit