Automated voices

by Granny Linda 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

I swear, if this recording would have picked up my saying, "F--k you!, I'd have said it. Geezzzzz, give me a break. How in the hell is one supposed to take care of busines when all you get is some recording! Choose this or that option; number 1 through 5. How about a real live human that might possess intelligence enough to deal with the given situation.

Finally I got a "real" person. Geez, what a concept. Professionalism - how is a machine professional? Yeah, I'm getting old alright. The "good old days" when one needed to communicate with a thinking person who could actually carry on a dialogue - whether or not they could correct the problem, they were able to refer you to the source of help.

And wait!the machine tells you as though everyone is an idiot how to speak and spell. OMG. Do they really believe everyone is stupid! and can't follow directions without spelling it out phrase for phrase? If anyone is an idiot, it's gotta be the person who invented automated voices.

Is this just another example of NWO that takes away any personal connection yet tells us how we should be so "sensative" to the needs of those who are different?

Granny

• Been there
    Been there

GRANNY!?*&%

(covering my sensitive ears)

• Been there
    Been there

New World Order????????????

• Mac
    Mac

Jim: New World Order

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Granny Linda, I share your frustration. Customer service in this country has become increasingly nonexistent. The automated phone menus we all hate actually screen calls and make it harder for some customers to ever reach a real person at all.

When faced with a confusing automated phone menu I generally try hitting zero to bring an operator on the line.

Col. Bendrr, [classified]

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Well,

We have a Tacobell here by the fairgrounds that has talking trashcans. Kinda cool.....

• Mac
    Mac

I seldom even notice the automated voices anymore. Perhaps i have grown accustomed to them, or maybe they are being drowned out by the ones in my head. Make it stop, dear god, make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac, of the I swear, I thought it was just a button head class

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I Will agree Granny. How about when you call long distance and they put you on hold, or Musac, to listen to some song for like 5 minutes, I just hang up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit