About Coqui's thread...

by els 5 Replies latest jw friends

• els
    els

I have been following Coqui's posts about being DF'd or DA'd without a judicial comittee meeting or a letter of disassociation. If you want you can read my profile to get a little history, but my current situation is that I haven't heard from my family since the end of June. That was when I told them I supported my son in joining the Army and that I had no intention of ever being a witness again. I had a visit from a couple of JW men (elders?) a few weeks ago and told them the same thing. I had the feeling they were there to find out where I stood.
    A few of you have written that you can be DA'd without writing a letter, that it can be announced that you have DA'd yourself. My question is; If they do this do they let you know that this announcement is going to be made or has been made?
    At this point it really doesn't make a difference I think they are going to take the hard line whether I write the letter or not I would just like to know.
    I had a thought while I was reading these threads that perhaps sites like these have helped to cause the new strictness about this. So many people write about wanting to "fade away" so the won't lose contact with their loved ones. We know that active JW's lurk around these sites, perhaps even men in positions of authority. Maybe they decided they would put an end to that option. Not that I would want to chance a thing about this site, I think it has kept me from losing it several times. It was just an idea that came to me. els

• blondie
    blondie

The thing els is nothing is uniform as to the outcome of the same set of circumstances because it depends on the elder body and all the vagaries of the human psyche.

One elder body may do nothing; the other may hunt you down like a dog; and the other may just announce it after having 2 people say they witnessed the offense.

Trying to pin this down to a single policy is not going to happen.

Sorry.

• email
    email

I agree with blondie each body of elders will do as they feel fit...

And... to the best of my knowledge yes they CAN DF you without telling you.

<email>

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Els:

A few of you have written that you can be DA'd without writing a letter, that it can be announced that you have DA'd yourself. My question is; If they do this do they let you know that this announcement is going to be made or has been made?

Yes, that is the case. I was DA'd without being notified. The Elders also violated Society procedure and called several congregaitons to orally inform them I was DA'd ... this is a case of slander, and is why the Society keeps announcements local only. Likewise, when I was an Elder I participated in DFings where we did not notify the convicted.

• els
    els

Amazing, How did you find out that you had been DA'd? I have a wierd feeling that it has already happened and I just don't know about it.
    els

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

If they do this do they let you know that this announcement is going to be made or has been made?

when we sent our da letters in they met with my spouse after that asking if we wanted our names removed. (yes). we assume an announcement was made that thur. but they didn't tell us if it was going to be. I also think a letter was sent to our former congregation as caller ID showed up a familiar name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit