Wives' appearance

by Ray6 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Ray6
    Ray6

Many wives of ministerial servants or elders wear no makeup( not that you have to), wear dowdy clothhes, are overweight; why? Jealousy of the more well kept women. Are there any wives of servants or ex-servants, elders' wives of ex-elders's wives lurking here?

• ugg
    ugg

why do you want to know????????????????????????????

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was an elder's wife for 25 years. What you say wasn't true in our area. It almost seemed like a contest, at conventions, to look better than the others. There were a few who looked "dowdy" but they always did...........it was their custom.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have to agree with Mulan, My experience has been that most elders and ministerial wives were some of the best dressed sisters in the congregation.

Will

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

My dresses were absolutely too long but I always tried to make up for it in other ways.

Also, I'm not fat!

• terabletera
    terabletera

Well, I was not married to one of them, I was and still am married to a NON JW But I think it was 50/50
    Some elders and MS wives dressed absolutely classy.; Looked fab actually. ; Great hair cuts too with the latest trendy styles; There were those as Mulan said that were "dowdy" but they would have been regardless of their religion.; There's just that sort out there I suppose.

• Ray6
    Ray6

I suppose it is common to our area. I try to do the best I can, but I just notice a lot of wives looking burnt out, just unconcerned about their appearance, and the obesity is so widespread.

• RN
    RN

I also agree with Mulan. The contest atmosphere was prevelent in every congregation I was ever in. The congregation I grew up in was pretty poor and nearly all the sisters did home sewing, keeping themselves tastefully dressed. I and most of my peers always had new dresses for assemblies and the memorial made from patterns reflecting the latest styles. Though I must admit some choices were made based solely on the Witness lifestyle. Many of the types of clothing I used to wear have no place in my wardrobe now.

And yes, some people are just dowdy, and would be regardless of what religion they were.

RN---who was once called "Jezebel" because of wearing two bracelets on the same arm.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Many wives of ministerial servants or elders wear no makeup( not that you have to), wear dowdy clothhes

Not round here they dont!

BluesBrother ( Of the "Shouldnt be distracted at meetings class)

• minimus
    minimus

Most sisters look pretty good. They look better than the husbands. ...But, I don't look at the husbands anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit