Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 07-12-2015 WT Study (FIGHT SATAN)

by blondie 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

many likes Blondie. also:

par. 2 --- the Bible is an item rightly sold by Cosco under the "Fiction" category of books.

par. 6 proud god, let the victim be damned, deal only with the attitude of the criminal through counseling. A lot like the elder's attitude: rather than working on prevention, dithering and damage control later.

par. 7 expecting flak here: The races, nations are, each in their own way for their own reasons, superior in some aspects to others. Nothing wrong with that. vivre la difference. Strut your stuff.

par. 12 : obfuscation, deliberate or lack of understanding? "-- material possessions are the "KEY"to success" ?? imho, Material possession might be the RESULT of success in your chosen endeavour, but the key? opening the door to--?

par. 15 "--struggle with "temptation"--" hormones are normal

par 16: What scripture would Jesus have quoted if he would have ever been tempted sexually? " get behind me satan!"? sorry for the anachronism, off colour flavour. but seriously, ------why is that possibility not in the narrative? an a-sexual perfect man? like the 144k in Rev 14, virgins until the heavenly marriage;-- soon?

par. 17 Satan will make a final attempt only? Rev. reads that he will succeed with the nations in the four corners (still flat) earth, nations that perhaps still think proudly as the wt / bible story goes.

glad that this smoke will not rise forever.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Island Man

I have actually heard a JW offering a public prayer at the meeting once where he said "We thank you Jehovah that we are not like the people in the world..."!!

LOL!

(Luke 18:11) . . .The Pharisee stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you I am not as the rest of men. . .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The stand out section at the K Hall was the bit on racism. I guess it was important because they put this pic at the top of the article.

We see an elderly white J W couple (British perhaps with the fine china and teapot) entertaining a black family while a snarling Satan is firmly outside - upset because he cannot influence them.

At the paragraphs, it would have been comical if it were not serious. They all had their anecdotes and storeys to tell about race and feelings toward others. Those anecdotes betrayed the fact that deep down, they do have prejudices.."Of course we are not racist but......."

Sadly , in recent times I have come across several examples of comments made by dubs that show that many do have prejudices . Once I did not think that was the case. I guess it just shows that they are a cross section of people just like any other group - no worse probably, but certainly no better...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit