New letter, re: Fully Utilizing Kingdom Hall Auditoriums

by suavojr 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

I see they quote Haggai 2:8 “‘The silver is mine, and the gold is mine,’ declares Jehovah of armies."

If this were true then why does the WT constantly badger the congregations for money all the time.

• Esse quam videri
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    The signs of the declines...
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

MaybeSo,

That last missing space was probably just a copy/paste error. If you see his first post, the 'to' and 'gather' are on separate lines. Probably were joined when he tried to correct the formatting for the 2nd post.

I disagree about the term auditorium not being used often. In this case, congregation wouldn't be used as that term refers to the individual congregations that attend a single kingdom hall. They could have just used the term 'kingdom hall' without adding auditorium, but the usage of auditorium narrows down certain sentences. If they said kingdom hall capacity instead of 'auditorium capacity', this could be mistaken to mean that they would be including the capacity of secondary rooms (2nd and 3rd school rooms) when determining whether or not a kingdom hall was being used fully.

I think this letter is legit. Consolidation is already happening in Australia (reported by news) and some parts of the US (reported on this site). They probably felt a need to send a letter to put their spin on it before the rumor mill took over.

• sir82
    sir82

Not saying it is not possible, just saying it doesn't look very legit that's all.

It's a real letter, appearing in elders' JW dot org sites all over the USA.

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

If this is real then all I have to say is wow. Keeping more money to themselves without spending a dime in building more kingdum halls, overcrowding existing ones and creating issues with the building maintenance since they'll be used a whole lot more.

That's just nuts.

• suavojr
  • freddo
    freddo

I'm sure this is real. It lays the groundwork for the crafty acts of building one hall for every three they close and take the lolly for!

Be great if it happens here. More chance to hide.

• suavojr
    suavojr

MaybeSo

Yes, it is real. The reason for the misspelling was caused by me copy pasting and using my work computer that has too many restrictions.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Fantastic news!! The purge is coming!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit