Shall I go to the meeting? Would you?

by KateWild 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    I recently walked into a KH thinking I was going to a friend's memorial service, but we had gotten the date wrong -- I walked into the WT study, lol, and immediately left, but you couldn't tell the difference, I swear. The mood was so quiet, serious, somber and boring, it could have been a memorial service.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

OTWO, gma, umber, Giordano, JWDaughter, Diog, sparrowdown, CultBgone..........................Thanks for your posts and input, I appreciate it a lot.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

We went for a meal last night, and she asked me lots of spiritual questions then she said "I am worried you're rubbing off on me instead of me rubbing off on you"

So a little of what I am saying is getting through. We have established I am not going to meetings aswell.

Thanks guys.

I AM NOT GOING TO MEETINGS

But I might get weak again in the future

Kate xx

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Dear Kate/Sam

I never was a JW, but I think I understand a lot about them/it.

You have a new life going for you, a bloke you're getting on well with, and a lot to look forward to.

My advice would be walk away and don't be tempted to turn around and look back. You don't want to end up as a pillar of salt, do you?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks Joe,

I understand what you say. Logic agrees emotions acts differently. It's the love bombing that draws me back everytime. They do love me, they are just trapped

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Kate you strike me as a friendly, positive and likeable person. They would warm to you wherever you go. My advice would be to join a group that deserves you and not one whose affection is conditional on your beliefs.

• coalize
    coalize
    I AM NOT GOING TO MEETINGS

I'm happy you took the best decision :)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Xant, thank you for your encouragement but I still feel a sense of loss and hatred towards the WT for separating me from my loved ones......these individuals can never be replaced. I just found out that one has liver cancer and I really want to be there for her to support her

Kate xx

Coalize-thanks for the post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit