What the Mob Could Teach The Watchtower

by metatron 6 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I was reading an account of the decline of the New York Mob in USA Today and found some
    parallels with the Watchtower.

Too much publicity and exposure: The 'Teflon Don' liked his Armani suits and media
    presence - but this intensified the attention his organization received from authorities.
    Older, wiser leaders ( Carlo Gambino) realized that keeping a low profile was important.

The End of 'Omerta' - Mob figures used to maintain a code of silence but this started
    collapsing with 'Sammy' Gravano, after a disagreement about legal representation.
    Now, captured mob figures begin making deals right away - (the end of 'Theocratic
    Warfare'??)

Arrogant, stubborn leadership - many family members sought to get into legitimate
    businesses but the old men 'knew best' - causing a loss of revenue. Nobody could disagree
    with the bosses, so everything went downhill, as they fell back into extortion
    and threats instead of adapting to a more sophisticated environment.

Dumb and dumber - because of the above, smarter, better educated family members
    drifted away from 'the family business' and into other careers. This left the Mob
    with dumb leadership that made huge mistakes - such as when it was discovered that
    Gotti's son had printed lists of Mob members, organized into groups and rank!
    The tradition of keeping everything 'by word of mouth' was neglected with stunning
    results (the papers read "DumbFella")

They just ran out of money, silence and smarts.

and couldn't admit they were wrong.

metatron

• Undecided
    Undecided

The mob isn't dead yet, they controll almost all the construction companys in NY city.

Ken P.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm still in my paranoia/conspiracy phase, so I've wondered, if the WTS is more corrupt than most know, could they be "connected"? Anyone ever see Tony Soprano hangin out at Bethel? I know, laugh, but there is so much mob activity in construction and waste management in NYC, how does the WTS manage to do all that they do and not have to deal with them?

• freedom96
    freedom96

Many people participate in business and trade, and do not realize who the backing is. To assume that the Mob is not in power anymore, is a mistake. Sure, they have had problems, but they are still there. Could the WTS hire a construction firm or someone else that is connected? Sure, as well as anyone else could.

If anything, the Mob has found ways to not be so noticed.

• sf
    sf

These search terms have been highlighted: watchtower new york mafia mob funds

http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:kCu_KSYhQRUC:www.geocities.com/lord_visionary/illuminatihistory19011970.htm+Watchtower+new+york+Mafia+Mob+funds&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

1906 Two of the key early Watchtower Society leaders were Bundy's. These were Walter H. Bundy, who went with Charles Taze Russell to Great Britain on his May 29-31, 1909 trip, and Edwin Bundy who worked at the Bethel Headquarters at the turn of the century and traveled around the U.S. for the Watchtower Society from 1906 to 1910.

http://www.godstruthfortoday.org/BibleStudents/WalterHBundysConcordantCareer.html

• sf
    sf

Same search 'hit' (no pun intended):

• dottie
    dottie

*LOL*

The mafia could probably pick up tips & pointers from the WTS!!!

Dottie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit