New Light! - Old bulb was getting dim.

by The_Doctor10 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

'This old bulb is about to go out, let's just unscrew this old light, screw this fresh one in, new light, we have new light!'

It's always bugged me how you only see big doctrinal changes, "new light," happen right around the same time the "old light," is about to blow out.

This "over-lapping generation," teaching is the perfect example, "old light" was about to be extinguished as being impossible to maintain, "New Light brothers, we have new light!" and everyone is AMAZED, when all it is is a stop-gap fix.

"New Light," is synonymous with, "buying time." It's a farce, I wish there was a way to bring this up to still-in JWs.

Want to see the GB crash and burn for their deception. Anyone else got examples of, "new light," that conveniently came just in the nick of time?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

The 'donation arrangement' in the u.s., right when the government was going to start taxing religious sales. What a coincidence! And it was all a loving arrangement from Jah! The talk at the circuit assembly never mentioned the new tax rule.

The 1995 generation change, meaning it could be just a general group of people who saw the effects of Christ's invisible presence, and not specifically those born before 1914. I think this actually made more sense than their newer overlapping generation spiel. It came just as the 70 or 80 year generation that saw 1914 was dying off.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

1914 being an invisible presence and not exactly the end of the world...but it was the START of the end times. This revelation came in 1915. :)

they've strung people along a hundred years with that one. Serious skills.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Good thing I have my Fenix HP20 headlight. Just knowing the whole damn LIE-ble is full of, not just mistakes but LIES, is enlightening. Knowing the whole thing is intended to prepare the whole human race for communism and misery, it makes far more sense than it ever did while I was a jokehovian witless. And I know that the only good thing it can do is expose where the washtowel is not adhering to its doctrines despite claiming to do just so.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Question: How many GB members does it take to screw in a "New Light" bulb?

x

Answer: None. The Legal Department comes up with that shit.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I thought of another one: discovering the Great Crowd right when the number of witnesses was soon going to exceed 144,000. How many witnesses were there when that was announced? Wasn't it convenient this change was made in the nick of time?
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Yes Faye, this is the classic new light. How could you take the 144k number literally and find yourself with 150k believers all going heavenwards at death let alone all the supposed faithful in antiquity?

New light is just a miserable confidence trick where the tricksters have to think on their feet because the dim-witted believers will believe anything they are told so long as it is faintly plausible. One hundred and fifty thousand JWs was going to get the leadership busted so with sleight of hand a new idea would distract them from the contradiction.

Actually the idea of the “little flock” was stolen by the Judge from the pen of another Bible Student called Alexander Freytag who opposed Rutherford on the death of Russell and who was consequently banished from the Watchtower. He began his own Russellite based adventist religion which is still active in mainland Europe today. It prescribed clean living, not smoking, vegetarianism and pure air breathing in anticipation of life in a new world. Sigh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit