you know

by SpiderMonkey 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Hello... I've been away from here for awhile, and probably will not be getting very involved here again, but some things have got me wondering lately. I don't know if You Know's still around, but, if so, I have a couple of questions.

You Know: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember your saying that you'd read Ray Franz' book "Crisis of Conscience." I'm not going to debate the propriety of your doing so, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I'm very interested in what you think of his reasoning on various points. For example, the Witness assertion that Jesus inspected those claiming to be his followers in 1918 and found the "Bible Students" (as they were then known) to be those most closely in tune with God's purpose and truth. Franz goes into considerable detail showing the actual situation could not have been so... How do you feel about that? In view of the early emphasis on all kinds of prophecy dates that invariably did not come to pass, did the Watchtower organization truly pass muster with the son of God? Along a similar vein, Franz points out that God's servants in the Bible never gained His approval by putting forth doctrines that were false... Yet the Watchtower has demonstrably done so over and over again, at times returning to an old position (as with the "superior authorities") and calling it "new light." I can't help but ask, after reading the overwhelming evidence compiled in this book, as well as "In Search of Christian Freedom" (which I'm currently reading), can you still view the Watchtower as God's one true organization? If you can provide convincing reason for believing so, I'll go back in a heartbeat. I mean that. But after reading what I have over the past couple of months, I find it hard to believe that I ever put faith in that organization, or that anyone does... Much less, that some have for many decades of their lives. Can you give a reason why discarding an old position, and then returning to the very same position, can be considered "tacking into the wind"? "New light"? "Progressive understanding"?

Respectfully, Mike aka spidermonkey

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

SpiderBoy,

First off, Ray Franz doesn't truly know whether he's coming or going since he's separated from the WTS. For example, he now expresses doubts as to whether or not it's God's purpose to restore the earth to its original paradisaic state. For what reason therefore is there to site Ray Franz as if he were some authority on any given subject? Why he has lost sight of one of the most basic truths that there is!

The Watchtower certainly is God's one true organization, although it has some refinements to make. The 7th chapter of Daniel assures the reader that there would be true Christians taking the lead during the periods of the 7th and 8th Kings of Bible prophecy, they being called there "the holy ones". The world is presently living under the jurisdiction of the 7th King (which is not the U.S. & Great Britain, but instead ALL governments of our day). The upcoming 8th King--the final horn that rises up amidst the first ten horns of Daniel 7, and which is symbolized as a scarlet-colored beast in Revelation 17--is foretold to make war upon such "holy ones". If a person believes the Bible then such a person is faced with the identifying of just who those holy ones are. It looks like the time you spent studying with Jehovah's Witnesses has been all in vain, since you're obviously not able to see the WTS organization in Daniel's prophecy. Since you apparently disagree that the WTS harbors such "holy ones" then you must search elsewhere for their placement. Happy hunting, as you waste your time trying to find them amidst Christendom -- you won't find them there I'll guarantee you.

Yadirf

• r51785
    r51785

The Watchtower certainly is God's one true organization,

How do we know?

Because the Watchtower organzation teaches the truth.

How do we know they teach the truth?

Because the Watchtower certainly is God's one true organization,

How do we know?

Because the Watchtower organzation teaches the truth.

How do we know they teach the truth?

Because the Watchtower certainly is God's one true organization,

Yada, yada, yada

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Yadirf, are you really an apostate? Because you probably do more to get people to leave the organization than the direct atacks of those who offer hard facts. I mean that circular "playground reasoning" you used was classic, you sly little devil! You sure did show us the "truth"!

• avengers
    avengers
    The Watchtower certainly is God's one true organization, although it has some refinements to make.

Refine this!

What a laugh. Remember this pic when confronted by a judicial committee.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Actually, Yadirf, I'm not a Christian... I have no interest in the petty squabbles between Christian sects. And I wasn't quoting Ray Franz as an "authority." I was trying to get a certain person's thoughts on a certain subject. And you ain't him. Buh-bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit