Just watched the Sunday program

by A Paduan 4 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Just watched the Sunday program, finished a few minutes ago - covered the BBC panorama story - I'll admit I'm fired up.

I was very pleased to hear the sternly spoken comment at the end by channel nines Jim Waley, ' We are continuing to investigate the jehovahs witness and more cases of abuse' .

For the non-Aussies, Jim Waley is universally considered as among the most credible and straight shooters of high profile journalism.

paduan

From the Sunday site

"A fortnight ago, Sunday investigated child sexual abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia, which has prompted a flood of new allegations against the church. Our report found the church (also known as the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society) had routinely pursued a policy of obstructing police investigations into child abusers. This week on Sunday, there is damning evidence that these policies are part of a worldwide, systematic effort by the church to protect its reputation and wealth regardless of the cost to the victims."

Edited by - a paduan on 5 October 2002 21:3:33

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hey there.

I was just saying that after the first show two weeks ago I got 6 phone calls from personal aqaintances of mine expressing Disgust and Loathing toward the WT. This time around I rang a few people up and told them to watch it. All people I know who are loosely associated with the org.

Aint life a bitch??

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I watched it too - Fantastic! On Sunday, it's been seen by a large and influental audience. This will have legs in Australia, wonder how long it'll be till names are named and the AFP are in Ingleburn?

I'd read the transcript before, but on video I thought Bill Bowan came over really well but this JR Brown came over as a liar - but not a practiced liar. Looking down and to the right when delivering the line was a dead giveaway.

Cheers, Max

• Prisca
    Prisca

I was very pleased to hear the sternly spoken comment at the end by channel nines Jim Waley, ' We are continuing to investigate the jehovahs witness and more cases of abuse' .

I noticed the way he said that too, not to mention what he said. Let's hope a follow-up programme comes soon, with more exposure of the cover-ups in the Aussie JWs.

• barry
    barry

Also Jim Waley made the comment at the beginning that since the first program the sunday program has been denounced from the pulpits of JW churches. Wonder if they will denounce todays program too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit