How do you know Satan didn't inspire the Bible?

by Coded Logic 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

JWs believe that Satan knows things about the natural world (like how it was formed).

They also believe that Satan can influence events (even fulfill prophecies).

The Bible is the source of great confusion and the vast majority of Christians (2.2 billion people) believe it but do not have "accurate knowledge™".

From the JW point of view, wouldn't it be more likely that Satan inspired the Bible than an all loving God?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It would only make sense, He is the ruler of the world. He hoodwink Adam

and Eve right from the start. I must say Satan is a very smart cookie.

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII

Satan inspires his own belief systems and they are opposed to the Bible. It's amazing how Satan does inspire pagan concepts. Let me give you an example.

Satan is totally pissed at God for what God did, which was pulled the rug from under Satan. Ultimately, it was going to ge involved getting rid of Satan without all those legal and academic and philosophical and moral arguments that could literally take centures. Like what if God hadn't made Satan so beautiful, was that a predisposition to corruption? That's a reasonable question. This is Satan's attempt to ultimately blame God for everything and take little personal responsibility.

So what God did was basically said, "I'm not putting up with this" and so to get rid of Satan and not hear his mouth, I'm just going to KILL EVERYBODY! I'm going to kill all my sons. I'm going to put them all through the fire and those who are not willing to die for ME, I will let remain dead. But for those sons who pass the test, I will bring them back.

That's the ultimate divine snub. Satan is like a tenant who wants to take his landlord to court to get a lot of things fixed in the apartment. But the apartment is on a month-to-month lease. So the court date to discuss what needs to be done is the day after Satan's eviction. God evicted Satan from the universe, but so as not to have to explain anything or discuss anything, which is what Satan was desperate to do, he just killed everybody, including his only-begotten beloved son, Jesus Christ who is Michael the archangel. Satan would be the first to defend that divine as the creator, which is to decide how long any creature was to live. Of course, "death" is only a bad or worse thing in relation to whether you come back or not. If you die and don't come back, then its a huge deal. But if you come back, how bad was it?

So Satan thought probably that was hypocritical and a cop-out, so he inspired in paganism the concept of putting your children through the fire, only it involved literally placing your children into a fire and burning them up as part of a religious ritual. In so doing he mocks God for doing the same thing, which is having all his sons, the angels in heaven, pass through the fire.

It might seem goush and horrid to think God was willing to kill off everybody to punish a few, sort of like the global flood, actually, where many animals died. But in this case, all the angels who were loyal to God readily volunteered! Why wouldn't they? They would have a temporary death to get rid of Satan. That's a high price to pay, but worth it, right?

Anyway, that is an example of what Satan inspires. So we know what Satan inspires and it is opposed to the Bible.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    For the same reason we know that Darth Vader didn't inspire the Star Wars novels.
  • LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    James Mixon9 minutes agoIt would only make sense, He is the ruler of the world. He hoodwink Adam

Actually, man was created to kill Satan. In heaven, there are really just concepts and ideas. You can't steal anything or kill anybody up in heaven. It's basically talk. So in order for God to make Satan put his money where his mouth was, he created the physical universe and creatures with free moral agency, who would be given laws to obey and the penalty of death if they sinned. this was an opportunity for Satan to be the manslayer he always was. God gave him the opportunity to kill billions of men. That was something so much of a high to Satan that it was worth dying for.

He had a golden chance because of God's pronouncement, which said specifically, "IN THE VERY DAY you eat of it, you will die." Now that seemed like God was saying the punishment would be speedy. If Adam died the very day he ate from the fruit then he would die with all of his billions of potential offspring. They would be all killed. Satan would have a big victory!

Adam was likely around 30 years of age when Eve was created, prompting him to say, "At last, bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh." Adam was a typical black man, beautiful in form, not that bright. Eve was stunningly beautiful, white, of course. So Adam was overcome with delight with this new wife. When she ate of the fruit, he couldn't deal with that and so actually preferred to die with her. That's not new. Lots of lover's think they would rather die than live without the person they love. Adam, of course, knew what he was doing. Satan was delighted and glad to die as well, having killed off billions of persons that God and Christ already loved.

But then God flipped the script on Satan. He basically said: "Oh, you thought I meant a 24-hour day? Oh no, I meant a 1000-year day!" It meant that Satan would essentially kill few more than who Jehovah was going to have to kill anyway. The righteous ones and the innocent ones would be saved via the ransom sacrifice. So Satan's murderous "high" was short lived.

Bottom line is, the Edenic scenario was a trap set up to destroy Satan and it worked. Satan took the bait and now he is going to end up dead throughout eternity. In the meantime, the heavens will be restored to a peaceful and beautiful place without Satan's constant nagging and resisting.

Because it was through mankind that Satan was able to be excised from the universe, some of them were given great glory, to become angels, more glorious than any of their angelic brothers. Those new spiritual beings would be married to Christ, who is Michael the archangel. So Satan is insulted again. Impressed with her own beauty corrupted her, now someone far more glorious and beautiful would be in heaven.

All Satan has left is to kill as many humans as he possibly can. That is his legacy. But it is not all that grand because all the favorites of God and Christ from mankind were saved from Satan's murderous attempt.

• zebulon
    zebulon

Just my 2 cents,

God tells the first woman not to eat from the tree of knowledge.

A serpent tells the woman if you eat from it you will not die.

What type of person does not want another person to have knowledge?

If you have everlasting life, wasnt the serpent telling the truth?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Lorenzo, I will make a proposal that the book of Genesis be rewritten.

I like your version. LOL

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    zebulon19 minutes agoJust my 2 cents,
    God tells the first woman not to eat from the tree of knowledge.
    A serpent tells the woman if you eat from it you will not die.
    What type of person does not want another person to have knowledge?
    If you have everlasting life, wasnt the serpent telling the truth?

Satan lied by saying that God knew they would not die. So that was a lie. They did die.

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    James Mixonan hour agoIt would only make sense, He is the ruler of the world. He hoodwink Adam

Satan was a murderous bitch, actually. The thought of killing men was like the ultimate hit of crack. It was thrilling and addictive.

But yes, Satan, in particular is very, very smart. That's why her Mother Goddess imagery often relates to knowledge and esoteric understanding. Often the secret knowledge is represented as milk coming from her breast. So yes, Satan offers knowledge, but it is often false and misleading.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Everything we supposedly know about Satan came from the Bible itself, so if he inspired the Bible, what we know about Satan, came from Satan himself and he didn't paint himself in a very good light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit