I stood for the national anthem...

by TweetieBird 4 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I stood for the national anthem last night for the first time, from a sitting position. When I was still in the cult, if I knew the anthem was going to be played, I would find a way to be standing right before it would play. However, last night, at my son's football game, I stood up from a sitting position. I guess that means I'm going to be destroyed at Armageddon, huh?

I always thought it was absurd that witnesses can stand respectfully for the pledge of allegiance, but not the national anthem (unless of course you were already standing.) Is that the most silly-ass thing you've ever heard?

• puertogerm
    puertogerm

I think the dubs are jealous of the anthem.....it's music/lyrics actually MOVE people unlike theirs! Do any of ya'll ever have a JW song pop into your mind every now and then? I hate when that happens!!

P.S. I'm new.....Ya'll may know my aunt Lin/Linda and my sis Jesika......nice to meet all of ya'll!!

Charice

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Good for you!

Nothing wrong with showing some respect. I remember going to Ball Games with some fellow Elders, and we would make it a point to always be in the beer line or food line during the NA so we did not have to "sit" durning the song and make a spectacle out of ourselves. Yes, I know we were chicken! Chicken Elders! But hey, if you messed up at the KH, your a** was ours!

Edited by - thichi on 4 October 2002 14:8:23

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Several years back after a circuit assembly, a large group of about 30 witnesses went to a baseball game. My family got there about 30 minutes early, found our seats and waited, right up to the national anthem we were the only ones in the group in the seating area. We were wondering if it got canceled and we were not told. During the N/A we sat like good dubs... then as soon as it was over, a crowd of JW came out of no where looking for their seats. They must have been waiting in the hall way for the N/A to finish. This was elder families and such, not mere publishers like myself.

At lease we had first choice of seats in our group.

That was the last time I ever sat during the N/A. I figure if the elders don't even have enough balls to stand up to the professed beliefs they promote, why should I worry about it, it didn't bother my conceince.

Of course if anyone ever saw me do it, The elders would play their theocratic lottery and Pick 3 on my ass.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND CANADA TOO AND WHEN WE STAND UP FOR OUR COUNTRIES WE SHOW THAT WE RESPECT OUR NATIONS AND THE FREEDOM WE HAVE IN OUR LANDS!! Love Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit