News from Wales

by ignored_one 4 Replies latest social current

• ignored_one
  • Englishman
    Englishman

There was a JW Tovey family in Gosport, Hampshire, some years back.

I believe that they were Welsh.

Englishman.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Are the Welsh to the British as the Canadians are to the Americans???

• Englishman
    Englishman

Not really. Although Wales is part of the United Kingdom, they do insist on a fair amount of automony.

Nowhere is this more evident than in the dual language signs that are in evidence everywhere. For example, if you type "Wales" into Google, you get a website that is written in English and, well..take a peek:

GEnglishman.wybodaeth gefndir ddeEfnyddiol am yr iaith Gymraeg ac am Fwrdd yr Iaith Gymraeg a'i waith. Bydd y safle hwn yn cael ei newid yn llwyr dros y misoedd nesaf. Cofiwch ymweld eto er mwyn gweld y datblygiadau diweddaraf
    Useful background information about the Welsh language and about the Welsh Language Board and its work. This site will be completely revamped over the next few months. Please visit again to see the latest developments

Gwybodaeth gefndir ddefnyddiol am yr iaith Gymraeg ac am Fwrdd yr Iaith Gymraeg a'i waith. Bydd y safle hwn yn cael ei newid yn llwyr dros y misoedd nesaf. Cofiwch ymweld eto er mwyn gweld y datblygiadau diweddaraf
    Useful background information about the Welsh language and about the Welsh Language Board and its work. This site will be completely revamped over the next few months. Please visit again to see the latest developments

Gwybodaeth gefndir ddefnyddiol am yr iaith Gymraeg ac am Fwrdd yr Iaith Gymraeg a'i waith. Bydd y safle hwn yn cael ei newid yn llwyr dros y misoedd nesaf. Cofiwch ymweld eto er mwyn gweld y datblygiadau diweddaraf
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmmm very interesting. Thank you for the info......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit