Money, Money

by drawcad_1 5 Replies latest jw friends

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

I have noticed that in the last few months the issue of giving more donations, because the wachtower needs it has become more popular. the convention that we went to this summer had three references to the poor lady who gave all that she had to give. Last night we had a very boring talk about how little we give as compared to how much we recieve from the tower. When I first started, this decent into hell, I was told that one way that you could tell that this is god's organization is because it is doing so well without donations. I don't believe that to be so anymore. I am also wondering if they are going to start passing a hat around or requiring a portion of our paycheck. Could this still be god's organization because it is struggling? (joke)

• Tish
    Tish

You wouldn't mind so much if you got your money's worth!! Maybe they could start their bring and buy sales like they used to in our old congregation

Tish

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Hahaaaa! Good one Jim!

• blondie
    blondie

Let Charles Taze Russell comment on this:

As early as the second issue of the Watch Tower, in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: "Zions Watch Tower has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine, fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication."

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Well, blondie, it looks like maybe they should start listening to "Brother Russell" and stop their publishing business.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Must be to much pocket lint in the "donation" boxes.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit