Asking questions.freely. !

by MacHislopp 6 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

do you agree with this ?

Jehovah's Witnesses who have questions or doubts cannot approach the elders for answers to their inquiries because they run the risk of being disfellowshipped.

They cannot speak to friends or family for that would be evidence of their "promoting a sect."

If one cannot speak of these matters with friends, family members, elders, or even at their own religious judicial committee meeting when they are being tried for "apostasy" when does one discuss them?

Concerning the writing of letters to the WTBS numerous testimonies confirm the fact that when WTBS receives such questions ,they dispatch elders to the person not to answer the questions, but to ask questions about that particular person’s "loyalty," to the organization.

Calling those who disagree with the WTBS "teachings " which cannot be proved or sustained clearly with the Scriptureson " apostate and anti-Christ " is hardly "offering someone dignity," or "respecting how one feels."
    Elders are couching their actions in gentlemanly expressions in order to trivialize the reality of the injustice they committed and resulting pain they caused in so many lives..

Agape J.C.MacHislopp

• Simon
    Simon

I agree 100% ... this is what happened to me and why I setup this forum.

They should really read you your rights before they 'shepherd' you - "Everything you say WILL be taken down and used against you..."

• willy_think
    willy_think

is that really true, my dad complains about the catholics confession being to control them!! like it's bad, i find it hard to accept he would put himself in a place like that

• waiting
    waiting

hey willy,

Nice to meet you. Yes, it's true. You're dad is probably a truly good man trying to help people. But the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses does not encourage free speech among it's people. In fact, people hide questions and doubts because they don't want to get in trouble. Be viewed as having an "independent spirit."

Lots of us used to be Jehovah's Witnesses - some of us still are. But we want to think like free people. Read books about history, religions, evolution, science - whatever we want. We want to be able to talk about these things and also to talk about the history and teachings of the Watchtower Society. And we want to do these things without getting disfellowshipped or disassociated.

Sometimes, we end up getting disfellowshipped or disassociated for talking and asking questions.

That's the truth.

Please come back and visit. May I ask how old you are since you mentioned your dad?

waiting

• ISP
    ISP

I am not detracting from the thrust of the topic here, but for any of those within the Org., you can ask questions, even about
    the most sensitive subjects. The thing is you can ask..........but you have got to appear genuine and sincere. You have to be ready to nod your head at the appropriate places! But I have to say that if you are not prepared to back off
    so as to appear compliant.........you will get marginalised. The thing to do is to give the impression that you have your questions but you have not formed any firm view!

ISP
    (Tight Rope walking Class)

• waiting
    waiting

Sooooooooo,

As long as we act like we have little intelligence ourselves and kiss up to the elders (or others) with the appropriate attitude, we won't get in trouble? Act like we have no viewpoints of our own?

We can ask, but if it doesn't make sense, or the answer is flat out wrong, can we continue to discuss? I don't think so. Ask once with appropriate hypocrisy then be prepared to shut up and shut down.

We can ask - but we can't ask twice?

That is not freedom of speech. That's conditioned responses.

waiting

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Waiting............the idea is not to get DF'd or DA'd for many in the org. If you want to go out with a bang.........go ahead with both barrels and you'll get DF'd.........cool I suppose.

However, many have leaving issues........and a much more softly-softly approach is required, particularly if you get a visit! Funny thing is I have no wish to put any questions to any elders. Do you? What's the point? They do not have the answers. We all know that.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit