and blood hums
    the clock is now
    tick tick ticking my name
    as if to say
    "You are as much a prisoner,
    as I am"

• unanswered
    unanswered

nicely done, naeblis-you're giving me flashbacks:)

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

very nice

Path

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Yes..many meetings were spent in a caffeine induced euphoria. My legs vibrated and bounced with the strength of many men. For two hours every thursday I was a god.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Things I did to pass the time.

1. Time how long I could hold my breath.

2. See how many words I could make by rearranging the letters of the yearly text.

3. Count the number of ceiling tiles (also very useful at circuit assemblies).

4. Follow cute brothers into the bathroom (oops, did I say that out loud)

5. Try to guess which section of the audience would get called on for an answer next.

6. Move the microphone slowly away from the person answering so that they would have to lean forward to complete their answer.

7. Determine how many minutes and seconds each paragragh would take to complete.

sigh, those were the days.

hugs

Joel

• momoftwo
    momoftwo

There was a sister in my cong when I was a kid who used to line her boogers up on the arm of the chair. How's that for fun?

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

LOL@JoelBear That was too funny! I love #3, I remember doing that as well. But my absolute favorite is #6, moving the microphone away so they would have to lean way forward! ROTFLMAO! That's just too hilarious!

Momoftwo, first of welcome! Second of all........eeeeeewwwwwwwwww!

Shauna

• somebody
    somebody

joel, that was funny! :-)

We used to have one sister in our hall that would spit the split ends of her hair for the whole 2 hours of meetings. we also had this one older sister that wore a hat with a LONG feather sticking out of the side of it. I used to get my entertainment by watching whoever sat beside her get poked in the eye with the feather every time she turned her head. It was fun watching them try to keep their cool after that happening over 10 times in a half hour.

momoftwo

There was a sister in my cong when I was a kid who used to line her boogers up on the arm of the chair.

ewwwww. I feel bad for the group who had cleaning duties on Friday nights. hey! we didn't have arms on the hard chairs we had to sit in for hours! we had very uncomfortable chairs. Musta been a plan to try and keep you awake during the meetings. although that didn't really help. we had our share of people that would fall asleep and actually start snoring loud during the meeting.

peace,
    somebody

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

How about racing to be one of the few that got into the second school during the ministry school! <this novelty wore off after about the age of 12 hehehe> Or trying to crane your neck around nonchalantly to see how much time was left in the meeting <there was always more time left than you wanted there to be> Ah the boring old days!

Eyes

• mommy
    mommy

Joelbear! Too Funny
    Eyes,
    I remember that too, I would even go downstairs before they dismissed the school just so I could get a seat. heehee
    To the good old days!
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit