Bethelite"s wife storms out of headquarters and leaves him...she was forced into Bethel. My story begins....

by Witness 007 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    We were all in our 20's the 1990's pioneers who still hoped the 1914 generation was for real. Jenny {names changed} loved Peter who was younger then me and very handsome. He wanted to go to Bethel since he was a kid. I was jelous of their love since I thought Jenny was very pretty. But Peter looked up to me and was my friend so I wished them the best. Jenny did not full time pioneer, she had a job and wished for a house and kids with Peter as was part of her culture. He had connections working in the bethel offices in a "cushy" job so he got his new wife straight into....THE LAUNDRY STEAM ROOM!!! No kids, no house, no money, and hard labour was her life for many years. We got together for a Bethel lunch one weekend and I was shocked how much older and worn down she looked! She lost that lovely smile she once had, like someone in the Soviet union who had been to long in the "gulag" camp. I knew this was not the life she hoped for with her love. After 14 years how shocked I was to hear she had left him and bethel and went home to mom. After much guilt, bible scriptures and Elder talks she returned to her "Gulag" bethel to wash peoples underwear for Jehovah. A broken spirit 38 years old. Sorry I couldn't help you Jenny.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I liked what you wrote and disliked what this women's life is like at Bethel. Unfortunately the longer they stay in Bethel the less likely they can make a modestly successful transition into the private sector should he decide to respect his wife.

Of course staying in Bethel is working for him.

For Jenny........ she's living in North Korea.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

So true, it's North Korea and she better not complain.

I remember that laundry room and seeing how hard those sisters were working. they're going to die young. Used up and spit out.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Q: Why doesn't Jenny run things and have ToMo do her dirty laundry?

A: I know: It's a cult! In fact, it's a misogynist cult!

• a watcher
    a watcher
    Jenny married the wrong man.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Oh now i need to know who jenny is!!!! I was at bethel, in the laundry, exactly at the time you describe.....
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    For the record, we didnt wash tomo's undies in the mid 90's. We were to busy ironing sister henschels bed sheets.... True story.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Who irons bed clothes? That's just weird!

(Not that I don't believe you, because I do. I just can't believe that the Henschel's would require that).

The more I learn about the WT leaders the more I see that they make the Pharisees look like amateurs.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"tomo's undies"

what's that ?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Tomo undies = tony morris the 111 underwear. It was in reply to obs joke ... And for the record ob, it was the henchels plural, it was sister henchel, at least thats what we were told. I interacted with milton fairly often and he was very cool mild guy... His wife came across as self entitled bethel queen bitch which is why i believed it was her request that her damn bed sheets be ironed. Either way, the laundry overseer jumped because the presidents sheets MUST be ironed....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit