How to get personal file from WT???

by izobcenec 6 Replies latest jw friends

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

I would like to know, if it is possible, for someone, who leaves JW's (or is DF) to get his personal file, stored in kingdom
    hall and in bethel...i mean the judical commitee hearing notes, S77 form (or a copy of it), publisher record card and all
    other documents...what kind of request must one do an to whom? Thanx for your info!

• JT
    JT

without a court order no way

• JT
    JT

without a court order no way

• pandora
    pandora

Even with a court order, I think they just tell you that your record has been destroyed. But there is no way to know if that really is the case or not.
    I think _ Franz tried to get some record from them. And they just told him that they destroyed it. Can't remember if he went to court over it or not.
    -P(J)

• conoroberst
    conoroberst

If you are in the UK the 1998 Data Protection Act (which previously only covered computer records) also covers other documents relating to the person, if you write to the organization concerned they should let you have copies (for a fee), if they do not comp;y you need to contact the data protection registrar.

This is what casued the fuss in the uk with having to resign the publisher record cards after the act came into force.

• BudLight
    BudLight

I would sure as heck like to get a hold of mine too. I wonder what kind of crap they got on all the notes they have on me.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I M P O S S I B L E unless you break into the Kingdom Hall!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit