I Am Back!! Back to work--Local PR

by silentlambs 5 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

If you attended the silentlambs march and wish to do something use the press release below to give to your local media and insert your name (where shown) and give your local account for an interview. This is a great opportunity to get local papers to cover the story. We had as you see 125 from 22 states, that could be a lot of press releases. So if you can use this opportunity to let the public know what happened.

silentlambs

125 Sex Abuse Victims From 22 States Deliver Hundreds of Stuffed Lambs to International Headquarters of Jehovahs Witnesses

First Ever March for Jehovahs Witness Child Rape Victims Met "With Cowardice" According to William H. Bowen

First Ever Courage Awards Presented on Front Steps

(Your name) of anytown, traveled to Brooklyn New York, to participate in a protest march on Friday September 27 th at the Home office of Jehovahs Witnesses. 125 abuse survivors delivered hundreds of stuffed lambs for victims around the world as a symbol of innocence lost. The march started at Perrepont Place and Columbia heights and proceeded to Jehovahs Witness Home office at 25 Columbia Heights at the front entrance. Adults molested as kids by Jehovahs Witnesses and advocates spoke out and demanded a church hearing to investigate possible criminal cover-ups by the denominations leadership for Jehovahs Witnesses the Governing Body. The Jehovahs Witnesses headquarters locked the doors and ignored the protest made up of several Jehovahs Witnesses in good standing from across the country. When asked to comment they invited press behind locked doors and made statements to the effect that the victims were liars and the problem did not exist. William H. Bowen of silentlambs had asked in a letter written for a meeting with the Governing Body (leadership) to present evidence of the extent of the problem. When he attempted to use the intercom at the front door, they turned the intercom off and refused to answer the door. Victims of abuse attempted to deliver little stuffed lambs from abuse victims from around the world. Headquarters refused to accept delivery and denied abuse survivors the right to do so when Headquarters summoned the police to charge anyone who left lambs at the front door with littering. Participants left lambs stuck in a chain link fence across the street much like mementos left at ground zero from the 9-11 disaster.

William H. Bowen presented the first silentlambs courage awards for those who exhibited courage above and beyond the call of duty in the interests of protecting children. Twelve awards were presented with the first going to Corey Pandelo/Holloway the first abuse survivor to speak out to the media about her molestation. Her mother and father, Barbara and Carl were also recipients as they were disfellowshipped for speaking out in her behalf. Victoria Boer of , was awarded for going through trial in the last two weeks suing Watchtower of Canada for mishandling her abuse as a child. Well over 100 Jehovahs Witnesses were present in court each day to support the Watchtowers position against her.

Ted Jaracz current Governing Body member was accused by one abuse survivor of molesting her as a child when different ones volunteered to speak. Kimberly Norris an attorney from Fort Worth Texas, announced yet another lawsuit filed in Oregon, making seven in the last two years. There was also five support Groups for abuse survivors from the New York area. www.keep-our-children-safe.com Tina Alfano-- www.toysofhope.org Melissa Dokofsky-- www.savethechildren.dyns.net SNAP, Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, David Cerulli Child Protection Advocates, Dan Dugo.

This is the first public event ever for child rape victims of Jehovahs Witnesses. According to William H. Bowen founder of silentlambs, "Elders have threatened child molestation victims across the country for speaking out about abuse. Today Jehovahs Witnesses leadership exhibited cowardice and zero Christianity when faced with Jehovahs Witness abuse survivors."

www.silentlambs.org, William H. Bowen: 270-527-5350

Edited by - silentlambs on 30 September 2002 21:55:16

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Bill,

Glad you and the family are back safely. It was great meeting you all on the weekend, altho I do feel compelled to say that sightseeing with you was quite an experience. After all, was it really necessary for you to do so much shopping??! All those times we had to sit on benches and wait while you ambled among the booths, browsing, or stopped to get a pic with the Austin Powers guy

All kidding aside, it was a great weekend; please give my regards to Sheila. As for this press release, I'm assuming the sooner the better, yes? Pardon my ignorance, but is it best to email this or send it by regular mail?

Thanks,

Dana

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Bill and WELCOME!!!!! There is a typo....Pierpont???

Also, If we did NOT attend the march are we also free to send these and insert a marcher's name with their permission? Just a thought.

Perhaps you can shed some light for us here on the lowly board?? Have the police been notified in the various communties where these alleged child molesters live? It is very upsetting to think that some may attend the KH's here where my 7 little nieces and nephews still attend. The avg. JW thinks that this is a lie, if they have even heard anything about it at all. It's shrowed in so much secrecy by the elders.

PROUD of YOU, MR. BOWEN!! Just Doing what your supposed to do, I know. So few do it anymore though.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I am very happy to hear that you (and all the silentlambs Marchers) got back safely!

Looks like a Great Press Release!

DJ said:

Hi Bill and WELCOME!!!!! There is a typo....Pierpont???

Also, If we did NOT attend the march are we also free to send these and insert a marcher's name with their permission? Just a thought.

That is my question also, I assume I could just substitute and put "Bill Bowen" as the contact name instead of my name? (since I, unfortunately, was not able to attend the March)

DJ said:

Perhaps you can shed some light for us here on the lowly board?? Have the police been notified in the various communties where these alleged child molesters live? It is very upsetting to think that some may attend the KH's here where my 7 little nieces and nephews still attend. The avg. JW thinks that this is a lie, if they have even heard anything about it at all. It's shrowed in so much secrecy by the elders.

Good questions.

Also, if anyone knows about any accused Pedophiles being in any Congregations in Mountain View, Arkansas (Thanks to Bill for letting me know about one accused Pedophile in Mountain View), or Oklahoma, it would be great if someone could let me know. (I have relatives in Congregations in those locations, some have small children)

DJ said:

PROUD of YOU, MR. BOWEN!! Just Doing what your supposed to do, I know. So few do it anymore though.

So very true!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 30 September 2002 22:33:32

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

If someone would like their name on the relase and your assistance in getting it out I am sure that would be fine. You are welcoe to use my name as a contact, but press will more that likely pick it up if you have a local number for them to call. I sent out a release that is generic on the sl list, if you would like a copy let me know.

silentlambs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi Bill,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Last night, I sent that Press Release to over 50 Media Sources.

I hope they decide to publish it.

You and all the silentlambs are doing an awe-inspiring job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit