HOUR OF DARKNESS

by Blueblades 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

JIM RIZOLI, LARC,FARKEL, PLEASE COMMENT ON DAREK BAREFOOT'S BOOK "JW.AND THE HOUR OF DARKNESS".DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANY CONNECTION WITH PAT'S ACCUSATION AGAINT TED JARACZ.ITS ABOUT OCCULT SUBVERSION AND BLIND FAITH IN THE WT.SOCIETY.THERE ARE MANY PICTURES IN DIFFERENT PUBLICATIONS FROM THE SOCIETY THAT ORIGINATE WITH THE OCCULT. ( SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.)THANKS FOR THOUGHTS ON THIS SUBJECT. BLUEBLADES

• DJ
    DJ

Hey Blue,

I haven't read the book that you mentioned. However, I am aware of ties between the occult and the watchtower. One that comes to mind is the John 1:1 translation. I'm sure that you already know about the Greber connection, right? Dj

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

DJ,Yes i know about GREBER and his wife.I recommend that you get the book and read it .The HOUR OF DARKNESS,opens up a whole other side to the wt.However its not the whole story.Its just another piece to the big picture.I was trying to find out if the hour of darkness documentation had a link to PAT's accusation against TED JARACZ. Again im not saying it does, just asking for some input on the connection if any. BLUEBLADES.

• TR
    TR

Hi blades,

I don't have the on-line stature of Farkel or others, but I have read the book, and I'm looking at it right now. Derek Barefoot makes a pretty good case, IMHO.

TR

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

TR,I Really am not comparing you with anyone else or anyone else with you.ITS just that they were answering JIM RIZOLI's question on some concerns for silent lambs and TED JARACZ.. I feel that the hour of darkness documents a connection with the occult and the wt.IT could explain much about the sexual abuse going on in the higher ups, if the accusations are to be founded as true. i wanted some input on this matter thats all.BLUEBLADES

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

jjrizo said that "The way the WT treated Barefoot for questioning is what really bothered me."

Yep. I have read the book, and while not trying to insult anybody, seldom have had such laughs at reading. In myeyes, it is just Rorschak and seeing whatyou want to see, and just about everything else is so far-fetched that it lines up with various Kennedy and Hoffa and alien abduction stuff etc. ONE drawing is peculiar, the first one. the Zeus (was it him? I don't recall right now) head. I think Barefoot went nuts and just couldn't stop his strange way. He was taking off, and so he "had to be stopped", just as the Silentlambs group. He went public. And that's when the trouble begins, the not-so-nice-treatment.

I know. I did too. Too early. I backed. 'Cause I'm waiting for my time.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

JJRIZO,PAT has nothing to do with the hour of darkness book written by darek barefoot.My question had to do with whether or not there was a connection between this documentation about the occult and the behavior of some in the wt. society.More specific was, if her accusation proves to be true about TED JARACZ then it just might explain alot about the bigger picture which is too much to enumerate here.However even if the accusations are not true, there is much harm being done of which there is an accountability to be had.I do agree with you that we must be cautious and yet we also must give those who have been abused a voice THAT MUST BE HEARD. BLUEBLADES

• larc
    larc

I have not read the book in question, so I can't comment on it. I do not, at this time, think there is a connection between the WT and occult. I never saw any sign of it as a Witness. If anything, there was a very strong fear among the rank and file regarding the occult.

Because the WT used a translation written by a spiritist, does not mean that the Watchtower leadership are spiritists. Furthermore, there are no high ranking people who left the organization who ever made mention of such a thing.

It is quite possible that in some local group, there have been people who got into some strange practices, but I think this would be an isolated phenomena.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit