What started me on the path to waking up about the lies the WT teaches?

by oppostate 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

After the first wake up, all their other bizarre teachings started falling like dominos. It was like the theme song to 'Community.'

i can't count the reasons I should stay

one by one they all just fade away

• Watchtower-Free
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Finding out the blatant revisionism of their own history was the first violent wake up call that this organization was thoroughly dishonest. From then on it was all downhill.

Eden

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Finding an article about the UN on the internet. That was the beginning of the end......Then seeing the different questions in the baptism book Organized to do God's Will. It was the bit about associated with the JW organization. They had taken holy spirit out of it. Also, the lack of Christ in every way possible, the org relegated him to ...nothing really. They sure didn't like it when I asked about Christ's headship.

Since then (two years ago) I have been struggling to get the indoctrination out of my head. Some days I succeed and other days I feel afraid that I have made a mistake. The child abuse issues have been informative and important in regard to the orgs willingness to fight tooth and nail for it's money and reputation. That really is disgusting to me. Oh! I was in a really crappy congregation where there were a lot of cliques that went back years. No one new was allowed into this selective group of assholes. That helped me a lot. No love in that hall and very little kindness toward others. I watched them tear a few sisters and a gay guy to pieces.

He was not in a relationship and trying so hard to live up to the orgs rules. Very sad.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"What research helped you see the WT for the false prophet it really is?"

There really wasn't a doctrinal issue that affected me prior to my disfellowshipping for apostasy. What irked me was the self worshipping attitude of the Watchtower who kept inserting themselves into practically every scripture - type anti-type teaching - and other self serving misinterpretations such as the "faithful and discrete slave".

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    FALSE PROPHETS
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

False prophets with false doctrines which didn't exist but were taught or proclaimed with the deceiving intent of proliferating literature to the public.

I didn't want to be part of that so I left like so many other before and after.

To be chosen by god or not, that is the question, I want to self empower myself, so I'll say I've been chosen !

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Going to the meetings is like being told you're really fortunate to be visiting the Great Coral Reef off the coast of Australia - when in actuality you're scuba diving in a kiddie pool.

For me, the first domino to be knocked over was continual claim that we had a "spiritual feast" at every meeting. But what I noticed - year after year - was that the meetings were getting dumbed down and the publications seemed to be getting shallower and shallower. Nothing we studied was in depth anymore - and all the talks and publications ping ponged around the Bible using disparate scriptures taken completely out of context that were then forced fit to suite our doctrines.

And then we were told we were "the happiest people" on earth. But when I looked around the hall everyone seemed so miserable. And though I didn't know what spirituality was at the time - I was none the less becoming more and more certain that there was nothing spiritual going on inside the walls of the Kingdom Hall.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Scriptures taken way out of context. Annoying.

No Jesus. The GB is Jesus. They killed him off to take his inheritance.

Org worship. The Org is God. Preposterous!

If I were God (all proud about my kid's success) and had told everyone to go through him, take comfort in him, ask for things in his name ... and you completely ignored him; but not content with just you, you compel others to do the same.

I'd be one pissed off dad.

Oh, and meetings were soooo mind numbingly boring.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The Blood issue.

How happy i am today when I realised that really each single "dogma"/teaching of JW faith is not the truth.

JW truth looks true and sounds like the "truth", but it is not 100 % Truth, even if it was only 99,9 % true, that is not truth, although there are signs of truth.

Be aware of fake: The greatest lie is the lie that appears most similar to the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit