Transcription of interview with Rabbi Michael Berenbaum regarding German JW's in the concentration camps

by Saintbertholdt 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

@prologos

Now I understand what you mean. You are talking about people who were Jewish or of Jewish descent who became Jehovah’s Witnesses. I get it. I was thinking something darker from the word “influence,” such as the common accusation from many Fundamentalists that the Watchtower is secretly still a Zionist organization.

While I am glad you found the people mannerly, the description of “calm” makes it sound like they got the “Jew” kicked out of them.

We can be mannerly, yes. Polite? Or course! But “calm”? That’s not an earmark Jews are known for.

Jewish culture teaches us to argue or debate every point, like Abraham did when G-d told him of the plan to bring judgment upon Sodom and Gomorrah. We believe in unity, yes, but uniformity? Nope. We see our relationship with G-d as an agreed upon struggle of the minds, like Jacob wrestling with the angel. In this type of relationship with the Creator it can't be said that our dealings with others are not reflective of this exegesis.

I see this “calm” as proof of JW indoctrination removing the cultural “bite” out of Jewishness, to be honest, just another thing that makes the Watchtower destructive to cultures and their unique way of life and thinking.

You ever see us pray at the Western Wall? It’s loud, busy, jumpy, and anything but calm—and that’s our holiest site in our religion, too! Not so calm like a visit to a Kingdom Hall. As a Jew it is nice to hear that others find us mannerly in some instances, but what you describe is just not us. It’s Watchtower whitewash.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Earnest,

SaintBertholdt, thank you for the transcription. Do you have a link you could share to the video interview with Rabbi Michael Berenbaum?

Unfortunately no. I have the documentary 'knocking' and I transcribed it from that.

I am not sure whether its been posted online anywhere.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Because it was an attack not from G-d but from the Roman armies.

You are the one who is mixed up. God abandoned the Jews to their enemies and abandoned the Temple. Even the Talmud says that God allowed the second Temple to be destroyed because of Jewish "un-based hatred" God surrendered the Kohanim, The Holy of Hollies, The Temple, all genealogical records that Ezra compiled (dating back to Adam and establishing inheritance rights, and Aaronic descendants), all the utensils of the Temple and the Jewish nation to the Romans on Passover. Not even the mighty Roman Empire could defeat Jehovah Tsevouth, the Shomer of Israel, the mocker and killer of the gods of Egypt. It was impossible for Rome to defeat Jehovah (the nation of Israel.)

Compare Deu 33:27-29 with Deut 28:52, 53, 64 68

You talk out of both sides of your mouth by cleverly stating the the attack was not from God. IT WAS! Compare Isaiah 7:5, 6 , Jeremiah 2:7, Hab 1:6. Math 23:35, 36, 38

Reform Jew is only a non-orthodox Jew. I think that it is a halachic movement. It is a gentle way of practicing Judaism in a Gentile world. Orthodox go to extremes in keeping the Sabbath (unless they want to poke your eye out or maim you for preaching in their community,) Reformed are more practical in keeping the Sabbath. But all Jews fundamentally believe the same thing: Rashi, Rambam, Ibn Ezra, Kimchi, Nachimedes, Mishna, Gemarah,....

In terms of saying that all Jews persecute JW. I never said that. But Jews as a whole are "anti-missionary." I have seen Reformed Jews oppose JW proselytizing of Reform Jews and hiring the help of orthodox groups.

IN the USA, what is the most dangerous place where JW fear for their lives?

Could it be in public housing preaching where drugs are sold and crime is rampant? Nope, the only danger is the rare occurence of being accidently shot with a stray bullets. Sometimes bullets fly, but JW are not targets. Jw are safe in these neighborhoods while they are preaching.

Could it be in Catholic or" Red neck"? Nah, they do not attack JW.

Maybe the Moslem communities in the USA? Never

You guessed it! It is in the Jewish communities in the USA that JW have been assaulted, maimed, severly injured, spit at, including children, women (one JW woman lost her eye). Does not matter if it is a Sabbath, Yom Tov, or Festival, one thing is sure, JW cannot enjoy freedom of religion in Jewish communities. JW go out preaching in fear of their lives of being attacked by mobs of Jews. " Jews" wanting protection under the law and crying anti-Semitism at every chance, while concurrently violently attacking JW for preaching in Jewish neighborhoods. Freedom for Jews but not for JW.

Of course not every Jew is violent against JW, but JW cannot expect to enjoy freedom of religion in the US in a Jewish neighborhood. Neither can JW feel safe or at ease.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I thought it was so funny to hear an Orthodox Jew , on tv, after being opposed by groups that do not like Jews, refer to how the Nazis persecuted "Jehovah's Witnesses and Gays" talking out of both sides of his mouth to support his position, while,not too long ago a mob of orthodox Jews attacked and bashed in the eye of a man ( I think he was Gay). http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2015/03/charges-to-be-dropped-against-one-shomrim-member-indicted-for-gang-assault-678.html

I have also seen a mob of Orthodox Jews violently and mercilessly attack and bash in the face of a man on the Sabbath and kick him in the head while on the floor. And then run away. And they get away with it. (Everyone dressed in black with beards. Everyone looks the same. Hard to identify.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit