www.theWatchtower.org

by mike 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mike
    mike

Just got this in my email, thought you might be interested.
    -mike-

Our new home at www.theWatchtower.org is barely 5 days old but has managed to rack up over 230 posts so far.

Page Views
    Page Views Posts

9/27/02 977 8 49
    9/26/02 1021 17 64
    9/25/02 856 0 57
    9/24/02 475 0 27
    9/23/02 393 33 23
    9/22/02 41 0 2
    9/22/02 4 0 0

While this is encouraging it really misses the point. As Ben recently said to me,

"We have a rare opportunity here to establish something unique on the web. We have, in its rudimentary form, the beginnings of what could very well be the ONLY board on the internet where JW's, ex-JW's, confused JW's, interested persons, and outright opposers can sit down and simply talk. The potential is staggering when one realizes that there is no site at present that can make that claim. Given the caliber of the people already here I think that it is very much in the realm of possibility. It will all depend on what is done now."

So what will you do now? Were you a regular contributor here at the old JustJW's forum? We would appreciate your comments at the new site. Even if you'd prefer to 'stay on the sidelines', why not come and have a look around?
    The forum will only be as good as members who contribute to it.

I'll let Ben, who is assisting me as an Administrator at the new site and who has a much better way with words than I do, make the argument on my behalf:

"We can have a place where there is freedom of expression yet not at the expense of decency and good taste. We can have a place where disagreements exist without mudslinging and name calling. We can have a place where there is a feeling of mutual respect and a tolerance toward others, a place that will attract those that wish to keep such discussions on a high plane.

People make the board. If those who only want to shock others with profanity and obscenities or pointless arguments are shown that this is not what we want here, they will go elsewhere. If those who truly want to be civil, truly want to discuss with the idea of actually accomplishing something understand that this can be done here, then they will come here.
    Those are my concepts of what this board could become, something more than just one more place for someone to add to their 'favorite places' and check on from time to time. It could become a model for other boards to follow, a standard by which other boards will come to be measured. A true, neutral forum for the exchange of ideas among the most controversial people on earth, Jehovah's Witnesses. For there is no one that has never been a Witness that can truly comprehend our faith, our thinking, our hopes, dreams, our disappointments, and our pains. No one who has never been through the JW experience could ever know our minds and hearts on these matters. We need a place but not just a place. We need a sanctuary where all of us can come together and come together as fellow human beings and share not only our pain but our joys and hopes as well."

Ben

So how about it, will you join us?

Joel

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Funny, I thought there was already at least one site where anyone, JW or not, was welcome to come and post anything they wanted. Not only that but you have 230 posts over 5 days. Big woop. How many of them are from the people involved in running it? Not only that but if you really want to talk volume how about checking the number of post on this site. From what I can recall off the top of my head there's at least one other site out there (gee, I wonder which one?) that has around a half million posts. Your claims of being the first one to make some big magical site are like a fast food resteraunt's claims that its the first to offer soft drinks with its meals when its sitting between a McDonald's and Burger King. Not only that but you don't see Burger King employees walking into McDonald's going on about how smart they are because they have french fries and no one else does. That's dumb. Real dumb and I won't even start on how rude that is.

Get your facts straight before you start walking into an already well established site and go on about how great you are.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

justjws is gone?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I'm confused also, this site does that, and then JW Online is a censorship free site.

• grace4u
    grace4u

Mike

just wanted you to know. no big deal that you got that many in just a few days. My husband and I had to check it out, just to have a good laugh for the day, then had to tell our other family members about it, so they too, got a big laugh out of it. So just here in Missouri, you had about 10 posts from us who wanted to see what "new" lie you have out there!!! A place for us to sit back, shake our heads in disgust, and revel in ignorance.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Nutter is as nutter does.

• searcher
    searcher

I went to it.

I have never been on a site that required so much PERSONAL information as a REQUIRED FIELD.

Is this the company looking for names/addresses to tout for business ?

searcher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit