Crackhead JW Commits Murder

by Funchback 2 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

Sad. So sad. I guess that maybe she didn't seek help from the elder's because she feared getting DF'd. Any other reason why she would hide this?

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=5528733&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=44551&rfi=6

Slay suspect's husband dumfounded
    LISA MEYER, Staff WriterSeptember 28, 2002
    Darrell Gilchrist sat, hunched at the edge of his worn couch, with a coffee and a daily paper at his feet.
    He shook his head. Life as he once knew it had just ended.

"I had no idea," said Gilchrist, 41, who learned that his wife, Pamper Petterway, was charged in the killing of Stella Garczynski, an 81-year-old widow whose battered body was found inside her Home Avenue house Wednesday.

"This is real crazy," he said. "I can't believe she was locked up for murder."

Gilchrist slowly lifted a cigarette and took a long drag, as random thoughts raced through his mind.

He recounted the moment he first learned of his wife's alleged responsibility for the heinous crime after police yesterday had searched his Adeline Street home and walked away half an hour later carrying her shoes and clothes.

"When they showed up and asked if I knew Pam, I thought, "Oh, what did she do now?'" said Gilchrist. "After the search I asked [the police] what was going on. They said, 'Your wife has been arrested for homicide.' Then they left. I was in shock."

His eyes perused the living room congested with stuffed animals, furniture, trinkets and photographs of their four children, two of whom live with their maternal grandmother, Lillian Houston, in North Carolina.

Despite the trauma, Gilchrist appeared mildly relieved that his wife was behind bars.

Safe.

He took swig of his take-out coffee and spoke of their four-year marriage.

Petterway had a peculiar laugh and carried a big role of keys, he recalled. She had been his soulmate, he said. "Because everything matched up."

"We talk. Sometimes we watch 'Guiding Light.' We play cards and rent videos. She cooked and cleaned and the sex was great," he said. "But she had a bad habit."

Crack cocaine started eating away at the family, he said.

Petterway, a Jehovah's Witness, sometimes hosted religious meetings in the living room where Gilchrist was ruminating yesterday.

He said he didn't object to her worshipping in the house. He didn't even mind her going out. But he couldn't get her to stop taking drugs.

Gilchrist said he never really knew what she did, between 5 p.m. and 3 a.m. while he worked at his job of seven years as a fork lift operator.

"There was always some type of surprise," he said. "Sometimes I come home and the place is a wreck. I don't like her to do what she does. She was always trying to cover it up."

He shook his head and took another drag.

"She was doing some really crooked stuff," he said. "Writing checks. She owed, she owed."

He last saw his wife on Thursday morning when she left the house to meet a man, he said. She owed him money, too.

Then cops showed up at his front door yesterday around noon, with the search warrant and the general announcement that blew him away.

"Let me just say that she was no peaches and cream," said Gilchrist, alluding to their troubled marriage. "But I can't see her murdering nobody. She wasn't that type of person."

The Trentonian 2002
    Reader Opinions
    Be the first person to voice your opinion on this story!
  • Nathan Natas
  • Archangel
    Archangel

Did she do it ?? Maybe it was him !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit