I Gave Blood!

by Mary 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I went the other day to give a pint of my own blood for my upcoming surgery............boy oh boy, did I start to feel guilty at first, but then EVERYONE told me what a smart idea it was: the doctors, nurses, family, ex-Witness friends, friends at work........it was a piece of cake, so I go again next week to give more.

What is the GBs reasoning on refusing this procedure? I'm not taking anyone else's blood in to my body; my blood doesn't have to be "poured out" because I'm not frigging dead!!!!

How many lives could have been saved if they had even said "okay, you can store your own blood."

• DJ
    DJ

Mary,

I think that you made a wise decision. You don't have a reason to feel guilty other than a mixed up bunch of men in Brooklyn who TOLD you to feel guilty!! You are not eating blood. To them you are not allowed to use your own blood because it was outside of your body and stored for you! Where they get this from the bible is incomprehensible other than they are hypocrital liars. It is ok for you, according to the WT to take in Hemopure which is pasteurized red cells from COWS! They are wackos. Who are they to decide what fractions of blood are allowed or not allowed! I suggest Mary, that you check out www.ajwrb.org and see the lies for yourself. I am so saddened that you had to feel even the slightest twinge out guilt. The WT is infamous for putting their misinterpratation of God's laws over Mercy and love. They wouldn't recognize God if he stood in front of them!

I will keep you in my prayers, Mary. love, Dj

• Matty
    Matty

Good on ya Mary honey!

Well, if it leaves the body "he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust" according to Leviticus, and current JW thought, but the edges of this doctrine are getting more and more blurred by the day. Many Witnesses, for instance, would be offended at you sucking your finger after cutting or grazing it, and other witnesses wouldn't have a problem with it. Also, the confusion over what technically constitutes the blood leaving the body has always been a difficulty for our brothers when dealing with standard hospital equipment! When they can't figure out what to do they usually tell the rank and file it should be up to their own consciences!

None of it makes any sense whatsoever, and so it's nigh on impossible applying any coherent logic to the stance.

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks! Can someone tell me what publication says that we can now take pasturized cows blood? I want to show it to some ex-Witness friends...........

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Well done Mary!!

I tried to donate blood a few months ago, but fainted in the process! (how stupid did I feel?).

Anyway, the Blood Transfusion staff were really great, thanked me for turning up (hmmm), and advised me not to back until I had put on a bit of weight!! I received a letter from them soon after, saying the same thing!

So I tried!

Nowfree

• dmouse
    dmouse

Well done Mary!

I gave blood for the first time about a year ago. It felt really good to know I was helping folks.

If Jesus was on Earth today, He would give blood too, and spit in the eye of the GB.

• DJ
    DJ

Mary,

I don't think that is was printed in their publications.......or they most likely would have seen mass exodus! They are sneekier than that. I read a newspaper article about it in the 'sacbee' a CA newspaper. The jw Hospital Liason Committee was quoted in the article. You can find out more on the site that I posted above. I have the article. I do not know how to scan anything yet though. The article was written on Sept 24th, 2000. by: Dorsey Griffith (Bee Medical Writer) Dj

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Good to see you exercise your right to chose. Don't stop donating - JWs put
    an incredible strain on the blood supply with their pharasaical policies.

Lee

• Mary
    Mary

DJ; I checked out that site you gave me and it looks like there's something in the July 15, 2000 WT which I'll look up........I wonder why it's okay for us to take cow's blood now........maybe they're hoping we'll all get mad cow disease? hahaha.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit