Accompanied by a fellow JW???

by Lady Lee 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Brown said that anyone found guilty of molestation by a church judicial committee is removed from all positions of responsibility and cannot evangelize door-to-door without being accompanied by a fellow Jehovah's Witness

I was just reading another thread and started thinking. And I am not happy at all about where this thinking took me. In fact I think it is horrifying

According to the "policy"

anyone found guilty of molestation by a church judicial committee

but no one knows he's a pedophile and that is the reason why he must be accompanied.

So off he goes to the field service meeting and only one other person is there - a young brother or sister - perhaps recently baptized therefore qualifying for the accompanying

"fellow Jehovah's Witness"
    I bet a lot of the rest of you can see a problem with this one!!
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Agreed, Lee. I have always had a problem with a policy of they can still door to door, but only if accompanied.

But, why is it only if "found guilty by a church official?" If the elders decide he isn't guilty, then he isn't a pedophile and can go door to door alone? Even if guilty, shouldn't he be in jail?

Accompanied or not, I don't want any child molesters showing up at my door peddling anything!

Lew W

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What would you do if a pedophile JW showed up at your door? Let's ask Bill the Cat:

• sunflowers30
    sunflowers30

Not much different than being a sister. Hey, IT IS LIKE BEING A SISTER!!

What kind of penalty is that?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok Guess I wasn't clear enough

I am on another track here.

SCENARIO 1

Brother Pedo was found guilty by the elders and is told he loses his privileges. And he can only go door-to-door if he is accomapnied by another JW. No mention is made regarding which brother (or sister) must accomapny him. Hmmmm OK he agrees.

Off he goes to the field service meeting. He shows up and one young 13yr old baptized brother (or sister). OK he thinks. I will be accompanied so I meet that criteria and get to count my time. And now there is a bonus. The 13 year old doesn't know why I need to be accomapanied. The 13 year old is a sitting duck. And the elders have set it up.

SCENARIO 2

Sister single with 3 children wants a father figure for her children. Brother pedo is more than willing to spend time with her and the kids. Isn't that nice. A brother willing to take on a sister and her kids. Faithflness to Jehovah brings such great rewards. Brother Pedo offers to study with her young sons and take them to the ballgame.

SCENARIO 3

Brother Pedo has a job working with kids. Since the elders never reported him to the police his name does not go on any child abuse registry. He is now free to find victims anywhere he wants.

and this is all with the guilty Bro Pedo. The scenario is far worse for the one who is called innocent

• Dia
    Dia

And all of these things will be made so much easier now that the WTS is working to draw more single parent families into their clutches, er 'flock'.

I guess if you're a JW, the only thing worse than a pedophile is a bored pedophile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit