1993 AWAKE on Child Abuse

by The_Doctor10 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

Oh make no mistake about it, I definitely want those other policies changed into a "contact the local authorities first," policy. That's what needs to be done.

I just posed the one two witness policy, since the 95% odds of truth was cited in the article, this would apply to the "two witness," rule since it'd be the first rule applied in cases of reports to elders.

If a child goes to an elder to make a claim, the elder won't immediately put any weight to what the child says because he needs a second witness despite the 95% probability of the claim, is all I was getting at since their own article backs this up. The two witness rule is an impediment to the others being applied.

I completely agree with you that the entire policy should be uprooted in favor of a report it to the local law enforcement first and let them handle it. Enough of this "let's hide the pedo," policy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Cadelin - "A JW will read this and understand it as saying 'You can't expect Satan's system to do anything about it so don't bother.'"

Ironic, since "Satan's System" has a substantially better track record that the WTS in dealing with the problem.

But then, Sesame Street has a better track record than the WTS in dealing with the problem, so that ain't sayin' much.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB have seem to have forgotten why the "Superior Authorities" exist. Or maybe they don't believe that scripture?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit