News for Dylan fans (no JW content)

by PopeOfEruke 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

NEWS FROM WWW.BOBDYLAN.COM

Bob Dylan Live 1975 To Be Released in November

Columbia Records is excited to announce the November release of The Bootleg Series, vol. 5--Bob Dylan Live 1975: The Rolling Thunder Revue. This two-CD set is comprised of selections from the best of the multitrack recordings the Revue's celebrated performances in Worcester, Cambridge, Boston, and Montreal. The track list will be announced soon. A bonus DVD packaged with the set will include two songs from Bob Dylan's film Renaldo and Clara, remixed for 5.1 surround sound.

All Pope can say is :

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice. I just saw him in concert in Philly in November...Bob is the man.

ash

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Ashi! Cool!

Did Bob do the "I am the Man, Thomas" opener there?

Oh, I am the Man, Thomas, I am the Man.
    Look at these nail scars here in my hands.
    They pierced me in the side, Thomas, I am the Man
    They made me bear the cross, Thomas, I am the Man.

Pope

• Simon
    Simon

Yeeeaaahhhh !!!

Can't wait ... I think the bootleg CD's were some of his best stuff. I like my music raw and unproduced.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Catherine James dated Bob Dylan by age 13.

Now, Bob Dylan is being accused of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl in April and May of 1965 according to a new lawsuit filed Friday.
  • Simon
    Simon

Woman claims to suddenly remember a crime 60 years after the fact which is absolutely unrelated to the alleged singer's recent sale of his song catalog for $300m+

In other news, the singer was on tour in California and Europe for the months that the alleged crimes are claimed to have occurred in New York.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I read the reason this case is being brought now is because the state of New York temporarily suspended the statute of limitations allowing victims to bring civil cases for a limited period of time. Many famous singers in the sixties had underage “groupies” by all accounts. Some like Bowie died before it caught up with them.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    Splane was right!
  • was a new boy
    was a new boy

Whether a beloved priest or rock star, they're still human, hopefully the jury can find the truth. In a civil trial, only 51% of jury needs to be certain..

• Simon
    Simon

Unless they have some evidence such as making a complaint at the time or specific reason they had for fearing coming forward (e.g. president of the US) then these 60 year old claims are just ridiculous - on what basis are they to be judged? what evidence can be brought? how is someone supposed to defend themselves?

The likes of Bill Cosby were clearly guilty because complaints were made and covered up or ignored, yet even he is now out because "technicals".

The rules of law are there for a purpose and standards of evidence can't be suspended just because some social justice hashtag trended.

But isn't it going to be ironic that Cuomo made that law ... although his allegations are fresh. But watch for nothing happening with a recent case such as his.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit