Hello Everyone

by MarieK 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• MarieK
    MarieK

Hi all. I hope everyone is having a good Saturday. I've visited this many times in the past month or so, joined yesterday and finally got the nerve to post! Needless to say, I'm super nervous, being new to this whole experience. I'm a born-in still "in" for now, at least physically anyway. I guess I started waking up a good while ago if I'm being totally honest. I decided to do the unthinkable (lol) and actually research the religion I am in. I was always afraid to, but I'm a natural researcher and couldn't hold off any longer. What I uncovered shocked and angered me. Then I started finding sites like these that I didn't even know existed with not only former but current JWs on them. Anyway, my kids are up now so I have to go. Hubby at work so all on me today 😉I will give my whole story when I'm more comfortable, but I just wanted to say hi for now!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Welcome, Marie! Glad to hear you were brave enough to research your religion, you will save the lives of your family. Look forward to hearing more of your story!
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the forum Marie. This will be the place you can say what you want and almost see the nod's and grins.

It will be interesting to see what shocked and angered you.

Here's to new friends!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, so glad you came over to the dark side, lol.

I am glad you gave into your desire to research. Truth will always hold up to scrutiny, so any organization that discourages that has something to hide.

I look forward to hearing your story.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hi Marie, welcome to the forum.

I look forward to reading your complete story. If your husband and kids are JWs then you'll want to proceed slowly and with caution, but by all means: proceed!

Oubliette

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

I look forward to your posts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome MarieK. Many things led to me waking up, but similar to you, it was simply overcoming fear and researching my own religion. That's what they tell people to do, except they subliminally mean for anyone not a JW to research their beliefs and for any JW to just go along.

Looking forward to reading more from you. Hi back at you for now.

• Splash
    Splash

Hi MK, good to have you here.

Hope you persevere with your journey, but it will be emotional.

Keep posting!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Even if you're born in, there's that lingering feeling that something is just not right. What I don't understand is the people who never have had that feeling! It takes a special kind of blindness, maybe.

Looking forward to your story, and congrats on your courage to come and write. When I was still in I never posted.

Im hoping your family stays intact through all of this. Something is going to change, because people can't keep pretending forever. It's a scary time but I think we all would say it was worth it. I definitely say it is.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome, and don't be nervous, be patient and all is going to be well in the long run. Use this site as a release and support to help you along the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit