Feel like a new fire has been lit

by The_Doctor10 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

I've spent the last 6 months or so really in depth into TTATT, really angry at times, cursing the cult that is the WTS led by the FDS, and today I feel like I've found a new fire. I'd been completely opposed to listening to anything to do with the organization, but today I watched the Brie video on YouTube, young high school girl pouring her heart out in opposition of the WTS and its practices.

From there, I found JWStruggle on YouTube, JohnCedars, and DerekOhare... It's just a wonderful thing finding people willing to out the WTS for what it is. I had felt such anger, like, they're getting away with their bologna, but to see people like this making stands against the WTS is an amazing source of hope.

Besides forums such as this, what have you found that helped you?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    For me at first was to gain a huge amount of Bible knowledge so I could blow up much of thier doctrine using just the Bible. More insights came later as I discovered the Bible itself is not what we were taught. It's still difficult though that know one in my family will listen to me as yet.
  • clarity
    clarity

I am retired so I really like the chatty style of kim & mike. They are funny, down-home & have brilliant ways of explaining the crazy stuff.

I enjoy your posts The_ Doctor10 keep digging & posting!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

jwfacts.com and Crisis of Conscience

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw (younger, a bit crude, group - different than here)

• DJS
    DJS

TheDoctor,

I understand completely what you are feeling. The anger I had after learning that the Dark Lords had misled us all was overwhelming. I hit the ground running upon my exit of the cult over 20 years ago, channeling my anger into positive actions.

I went back to school, completing 2 college degrees over a period of 5 years - and working on a third, volunteering, traveling a lot, spending enormous amounts of time with my two beautiful, amazing children who also exited with me, and simply trying to recapture what I had wasted spending so many years in the Dark Tower.

I haven't looked back. I didn't join or participate in any ex-Dub forums until 2 years ago upon joining this site. I spent the previous 20 or so years living my life to the full.

That's how I handled my anger. But I'm still angry at those evil men. I try every day to use it as rocket fuel.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Our family's exit from the cult began the same place it did for Ray Franz and friends, namely the liberating Good News or gospel according to Paul in the book of Romans (as contrasted with Watchtower religious legalism and moralism).

Initially as Watchtower loyalists we scoured only the Watchtower library for any morsel we could find. We soon noticed a growing divergence between what we were learning and what is taught in practice.

The clincher was when the elders (Pharisees) threatened us with dire consequences if we said anything in the slightest to anyone about the Good News. Questions were also expressly forbidden.

We did go through distinct phases common to those exiting cults - including intense shock, anger and grief.

Now we are free, much happier, and on much more solid ground.

We now identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious) believers and persons who have been granted the free gifts of faith, salvation, and a right and clean standing (by imputation) with our Creator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit