Twisting the scriptures??????

by BeelzeDub 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

I spoke with my sister on the phone today who still attends meetings. The CO visit was last week and she said in his talk he related the bible story of Joseph and Potaphers wife and he made the statement that Joseph was a pedephile and that is why he went to prison.

Where in the world could the WT be going with this line of reasoning?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Probably to show that God forgives all his children their crimes, unless its questioning his wifely organization - thats unforgivable

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe he meant that Potiphar's wife was a pedophile since Joseph was only 17 when his brothers sold him into slavery.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Blondie: That would make sense and maybe that is what he meant to say but that is not what he said because it generated quite a bit of conversation after the meeting. But he specificly said that that is why Joseph went to prison. ?????

She said that he said another thing that made the cong gasp. He was talking about only marrying in the lord and said: "If you go marry someone out side the org that you might as well go down to the morg and pick out a dead body to marry."

Such a loving organization.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Because the WT is a "Pedophile Paradise" ... Anyway it sounds like they are getting the rank and file members minds conditioned into thinking this is an everyday sin like smoking or immorality and they the members, are to overlook it.

Will

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Maybe they are trying to condition the JWs that even though Joseph was a victim of this sort of behaveor of someone in authority over him, that he had so suffer more by being put in prison.

This could be a way to justify the victims of pedos being subject to more suffering at the hands of the WT leadership. Not fare to Joseph but sometimes the price that is paid.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Sounds more like he's senile. Or drunk. I doubt the WTS would say anything THAT stupid. He was probably ad-libbing.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I doubt in biblical times, 17 was the age of concent.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

So, by accusing Joseph of being a paedophile, after a bit of jail time the 'paeds' should be God's chosen ones too - they're ok, just a bit imperfect, and things will be cool soon.

I don't think it'll work.

- but, then again, the world was supposed to end in 1975 and people are still goin to those halls hoping to recoup on that framework of lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit