Witness Celebrities

by freedom96 7 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

We have heard of different celebrities having ties with the Watchtower. Some are rumours, others seem to be true.

I was wondering who out there has heard that a celebrity was involved in the Watchtower, and does anyone have any personal knowledge or experiences regarding this?

Here is my list of what I have heard at one time or another:

Michael Jackson (da'd)

Prince

George Benson

Elvis (read the magazines at some point)

Tennis sisters Williams

Damon Wayons (df'd)

Wife of Eddie Murphy

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

LOL the Elvis one is actually funny, because my aunt related a story to me about a Dub that claimed to be married to Elvis, that he was live and well, and hiding out in the JW's.

• jozb5
    jozb5

Also:

Larry Graham (I've heard that he was the one who studied with Prince and brought him into the bOrg) - had a hit song "One in a Million", played I think with Sly and the Family Stone.

Thersa Graves - star of the 70's series "Get Christy Love".

And some mystery writer, I can't think of his name.

Josie

Edited by - jozb5 on 24 September 2002 17:27:51

• Mulan
    Mulan

Basketball player, Dave Meyer (back in the 70's)

Several baseball players (two were at our District Convention in early 80's, but can't remember their names)

Actress Donna Reed's son, who is a close friend of Makena and Sabine. He is not a JW now. Whew!!

The mystery writer was Mickey Spillane.

Rumors about actress Eve Arden.

This was a subject of a thread last week. Someone said Billy Joel's family are dubs.

• Kenneson
  • BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I have it from a good informant that Elvis was sitting on the throne, reading the Awake! article, "Bran - A Good Source For Regularity?". My source, a crime scene investigator, said that the apparently thought-provoking article caused so much strain it was too much for his heart. Elvis was also a fervent reader of Watching The World too. So sad...just a sign of the times we all live in. Won't it be wonderful when Gawd kills the evil ones and brings lawn order to us all?

-BONEZZ

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Way back when, there was a band called Hamilton, Joe, Frank and Reynolds. I remember all the musically inclined jw's talking of at least one of them being a witness but I haven't a clue which one(s).

Tried searching on Yahoo and thought it looked funny: Jehovah, Hamilton, Joe, Frank and Reynolds

• Swan
    Swan

PC Game guru Warren Schwader of Sierra On-line. He wrote most of their Hoyle Games and also was involved in "You Don't Know Jack."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit