Whatever happened to J.A.Wilson?

by PopeOfEruke 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

J.A. Wilson was the Branch Overseer in Sydney Australia for many years, until he was unceremoniously kicked out and sent to a congregation in Wynnum or Manly, in Queensland.

There were many rumours about the event, the main gossip being he was kicked out because he wouldn't spend any money.......so perhaps it had something to do with the huge upgrade which took place at Homebush, Sydney not long afterwards.

Is John Wilson still alive? Does anyone know the REAL story of why he was dumped?

Pope

Edited by - popeoferuke on 23 September 2002 21:48:50

• Roski
    Roski

He told the truth. Remember Dave Madzay??

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I DO remember Dave Madzay - whatever happened to him?? Is John Wilson still alive?

Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Oh - and a big WELCOME to the forum Roski!!

Pope

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Dave Madzay was a personal friend and is now deceased. His wife remarried.

I'm not so sure about the circumstances you describe in regard to John Wilson, Pope. It was not quite as you describe. And Roski, did you mean that John was not wanted because he told the truth?? That's not how I remember it. Still, John's talks impressed me for he would often speak from the Bible. Not too many leading elders can do that and seem to simply repeat talk outlines "parrot fashion". John had/has a loving nature, but was in an invidious position. 'nuf said.

BTW, may I add my welcome aboard to Roski. Yet another aussie aboard?

Wonderful!

Cheers, Ozzie

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Ozzie,

at the time, the only "information", read "gossip", that went around in my circle was that John Wilson "wouldn't spend money".......I understood that to mean that there was expansion work looming and John was of the "old" guard and wouldn't spend the money.

Of course, that was the local gossip and it could and probably is miles from the truth of the real events. I was just curious after all these years as to if anyone knew what REALLY happened.....

At the time, our congregation was looking at investing money in new carpet and chairs and 1 brother actually dissented with the P.O. about it, IN THE SERVICE MEETING!! That was cool!

So there was an "old guard" around who felt that Armageddon was SO CLOSE (HA HA HA!!!) that money would be more wisely spent in spreading the good news than in buying carpet and chairs. They should visit a Bethel now!!!

Thanks for your info, Ozzie!

Pope

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    So there was an "old guard" around who felt that Armageddon was SO CLOSE (HA HA HA!!!) that money would be more wisely spent in spreading the good news than in buying carpet and chairs. They should visit a Bethel now!!!

Ah, yes! How true! There was massive resistance at the time by the "old guard" to the embarking on the new quickly built Kingdom Hall program. As you say, they should visit a Bethel now, indeed any Kingdom Hall in Australia. They even have very salubrious Assembly Halls. If the "old guard" had been listened to, none of that would be the case now. But then, Armageddon was so close, wasn't it?

BTW John's in the Brisbane area now.

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 24 September 2002 19:9:17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit