More Media Catching On

by deceit 5 Replies latest jw friends

• deceit
    deceit

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5150540%255E421,00.html

Grrrrrrrrr, wont let me make the whole address a link, just copy and past I guess :)

Edited by - deceit on 22 September 2002 19:1:19

Edited by - deceit on 22 September 2002 19:3:17

• JT
    JT

We don't necessarily disfellowship him, we have to make a judgment - is he repentant?," Mr Mouritz said, adding that church members would carefully watch such a person.

"I don't know that the authorities can keep any better eye on them than we can."

#########

it is comments like this to the press when brooklyn wishes that the branch guys would have kept thier mouth shut

• JT
    JT

the reporter should have replied back by saying the authorities would have locked the person up in jail and he would not be walking the streets

what this jw fails to understand is it IS NOT JUST JW KIDS AT DANGER

o it is great that the jw are keeping an eye on this person, so how does that help the baptist or catholic child

this man is freeely walking the streets

• Swan
    Swan

JT,

I think you missed the point here. Mr. Mouritz, the President of the Australia Branch, must be on our side. That's right. He must secretly be an apostate, because no real JW would be so stupid as to make statements like that to the press.

Tammy

• Gerard
    Gerard

'"I was very apprehensive but the police were just the most compassionate, wonderful lot of people. I got more caring and genuine concern from them than I got from any elder," Ms Webb told Sunday.'

That says it all.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5150540%255E421,00.html

Jehovah's Witness abuse claims
    By Peter Williams
    September 23, 2002

SOME elders of the Jehovah's Witness church covered up child abuse and obstructed police investigations, according to victims of the abuse and former elders.

The church's leader in Australia yesterday denied the allegations, but said police were sometimes not informed to protect victims.

One victim, Simon Thomas, a member of the Corrimal congregation on the NSW south coast as a boy, said if the church had listened to his pleas other children could have been spared abuse by convicted paedophile Robert Souter.

Souter pleaded guilty in August 2000 to one count of buggery and four counts of indecent assault on two teenage boys from 1978-80 and was sentenced to five years jail with a non-parole period of three years.

"If the church had listened to my pleas, all of those kids could have been saved," Mr Thomas told the Nine Network's Sunday program.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit