The Business Plan of the WT

by Inquiry 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquiry
    Inquiry
    File Information
    Verifying link...
    Register Your DAP

It seems to me that the success and the continued success of the WT pinges on it's dissemination of it's literature... it's the financial mainstay of the organization, besides voluntary donations, which no doubt are also considerable but I think that the WT's main financial source is it's literature...it is for all intents and purposes a publishing company.... Even the religion depends on it's literature sales (aka donations- hahahaha- excellent marketing tool that!) If it became unprofitable for them to print their literature, the organization would have to either make changes (downsize or market themselves differently) or the worst alternative of all.... increase it's donation base....increasing your donation base is hard to do... ask any charitable organization... Imagine the Sunday talks then.....

I'm thinking of what happened to them in France... with the tax levied against them, they moved their printing equipment to England....Make no mistake.. this was an expensive proposition....and it cost them big....as a company... printing in France lost it's financial viability, and they shut their printing facility there.....

The WT is becoming more and more vulnerable to a sizeable societal backlash against them... it is emotionally based, which means you have to choose your moments carefully, but the target should be their financial mainstay... can you imagine the WT having to sell it's publishing company in order to make ends meet? Now, that would be something.... Kinda like former Ontario Premier, Mike Harris having to sell Hwy 407 on Ontario to balance the provincial budget....oops... political satire notwithstanding....

If someone did something like protest the WT's literature through small attractive static window stickers that said something like "This household will not accept Jehovah's Witness Literature on Principle" or "We are not taking calls from JWs today"or "I shoot every sixth Jehovah's Witness that knocks at my door, and the fifth one just left"(you get the drift ), and sold them for say $.50 to $1 or used that sort of vehicle to help fund an organization such as Silent Lambs... it could catch on..... Most people don't enjoy having their doors knocked on by Jws, and then because most people are nice people, have a hard time dealing with the insistence of JWs at their doors to give them literature... All they'd have to do is purchase a sticker, stick it to their window closest to the door, and when the JWs knock, just point to the sticker and say, "Can't you read?" Then close it... I think it could fly... over time... it could have quite an effect on liturature sales... which would have quite an effect on the WT..... Also fueling this societal backlash... by posting transcripts of the programs that have aired about the sex abuse scandal say in laundromats... bulletin boards at the bank, etc... might help to promote those stickers....

This is just a top of the head idea... and before I've had me morning coffee mind you... but, it would be interesting to see what would come of it....

What do you think?

I'm going to make myself a cuppa coffee now and reread this post to see if I've made a total ass of myself... lol

Toodles for now

Inq

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

INquire wrote:

by posting transcripts of the programs that have aired about the sex abuse scandal say in laundromats... bulletin boards at the bank, etc... might help to promote those stickers....

What a great idea!! Subtle, but I think it will have some effect.
    You have give me a plan of action

• Inquiry
    Inquiry
    File Information
    Verifying link...
    Register Your DAP

Hi Pist....

lol.... go for it bud.... I appreciate the vote of confidence...

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    I'm thinking of what happened to them in France

Lives in France...has yet to see a JW anywhere.

Sounds like a fun idea...although my husband used to enjoy arguing with the JWs that came to his door in England (unless they were interrupting football). He's really good at it.

• livingagain
    livingagain

I think printing is large part of income for WTBS, but i believe they have their hand in much more. What favors(money) did they curry by linking up with UN? I don't think we know the half yet on this bunch, they are as dirty as can be.Corporate heads in th news lately tell the story. Seem to recall an illustration they had in one of the books talking about a buisnessman seeming to be good upfront but crooked behind the scenes. "Love of money is the root of all sorts of injurious things" according to their NWT. All fits them well to my idea.

• Flip
    Flip

Edited by - Flip on 23 September 2002 23:1:30

• apostate
    apostate

It would be nice to print up several thousands of these stickers and sell them from door-to-door on Saturday afternoons (Just after the JWs finished their weekly preaching). Most people have a couple of Dollars in their pockets and would buy them.

They could stick it on their doors and the JW would see them in sevice. It would be a good idea to put http://www.jehovahs-witness.com on it.

The Dubs would learn the URL and would probably check this site out.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Not a bad idea.

After getting them printed up, you could almost guarantee sales by getting up on Saturday monring. Go to the Kingdom Hall.... wait for the F/S meeting to end and follow a car group the the street they are working. Simply follow behind them after they leave each door.

Of course it would make their job easier in that they won't have to knock on that door next time and they still get to count time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit