Block Island

by els 6 Replies latest jw friends

• els
    els

We are going out there in October. My inlaws have a house there. I love the island so much, can't wait to be there. I just wondered if anyone visits or lives there. els

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Never been there ..but it sure is gorgeous!!!

http://www.blockisland.com/

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

I have been there. Are you reffering to block island off of Montauk? Are you from Longisland?

• els
    els

Block Island is actually part of Rhode Island. I am from upstate NY. We go to the Island from Point Judith, RI. But there is a ferry from Montauk in the summer. els

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

I've been to Block Island many times. It's a very nice place to visit with alot of great restaurants and Bed & breakfast's to stay at. You can rent a bike soon as you get off the Ferry or you can bring your own. It's a small enough Island so you really do not need to bring your car, it will save you the hastle of getting on the Ferry easily rather than a waiting list to bring your car over. It's been about 10 years since I last was there, so I do not remember any names of places to eat, but there are a bunch. The Bluffs are real nice to visit, really high cliffs that overlook the ocean, great view. Alot of deer on the Island too that are pretty used to people and you can get some nice pic's. Don't forget your camera!...LOL

CC

• els
    els

CC, We always take the car cause we have so much stuff to take usually. My inlaws are elderly so we do alot of upkeep on the house for them. We plan to move, probably to CN so we will be closer to the island. Right now it's a 5 and a half hour drive to get to the ferry. The house will eventually belong to my husband and his brother so it would be nice to be closer. I would love to live there when we retire so the stock market had better cooperate. LOL What is your favorite beach there? els

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey Els....Sorry it took so long to answer you....I don't know the names of the beach's but the one I like the best is at the bottom of the Bluffs...I've been there a dozen or more times and always had great waves to body surf. Did they rebuild the stairs down to the beach? I remember one of the Hurricanes had wiped it out...I think it was in 1992 or 1993? I'd love to take Tink there someday...We went to Martha's Vinyard on our Honeymoon and she went wild....I told her then about Block Island...I promised her I'd take her.....One day....LOL...Tennessee is a long ways away!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit