ARMAGEDDON IN 1925 - TIMELINE OF QUOTES

by UnDisfellowshipped 3 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

YOU CAN FREELY DISTRIBUTE THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, NEWS MEDIA, ANYONE!

Below is a Timeline of Watchtower Quotes about ARMAGEDDON COMING IN 1925!

I got most of these Quotes from the GREAT QUOTES WEBSITE at http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com and a few other Websites!

I would love to hear your comments and experiences on the GREAT FALSE PROPHECY OF 1925!

Deuteronomy 18:20: But the prophet, who shall presume to speak a Word in My Name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
    Deuteronomy 18:21: And if you say in your heart, How shall we know the Word which Jehovah has not spoken?
    Deuteronomy 18:22: When a prophet speaks in the Name of Jehovah, if the thing does not follow, nor come to pass, that is the thing which Jehovah has not spoken, but the prophet has spoken it presumptuously: you shall not be afraid of him.

Deuteronomy 13:1: If there arises among YOU a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder,
    Deuteronomy 13:2: And the sign or the wonder comes to pass, which he spoke to you, saying, Let us go after other gods, which you have not known, and let us serve them;
    Deuteronomy 13:3: You shall not listen to the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for Jehovah your God is testing you, to know whether you love Jehovah your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
    Deuteronomy 13:4: You shall walk after Jehovah your God, and fear Him, and keep His Commandments, and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him, and cling to Him.
    Deuteronomy 13:5: And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he has spoken to turn you away from Jehovah your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust you out of the way which Jehovah your God commanded you to walk in. So shall you put the evil away from the midst of you.

Matthew 24:36: But no one knows of that day and hour, not even the angels of Heaven, but My Father only.

Matthew 25:13: Watch therefore, for you don't know the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is Coming.

Mark 13:32: But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    Mark 13:33: Watch, keep alert, and pray; for you don't know when the time is.

Acts 1:6: Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, "Lord, are You now restoring the Kingdom to Israel?"
    Acts 1:7: He said to them, "It isn't for you to know times or seasons which the Father has set within His own authority.

1st Thessalonians 5:1: But concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need that anything be written to you.
    1st Thessalonians 5:2: For you yourselves know well that the Day of the Lord Comes like a thief in the night.

Deuteronomy 29:29: The secret things belong to Jehovah our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the Words of this Law.
    -----------------------------------------------

*** The Watchtower Reprints, October 15th 1917, Page 6157 ***
    [Not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

"Accordingly Abraham should enter upon the actual possession of his promised inheritance in the year 1925 A.D."

*** The Watchtower November 1st 1920 Issue, Page 334 ***

"Some one asked me the other day: Suppose you should be here in 1925 what would you do? I said, I believe I will be home in the Pleiades before then;" (MY COMMENT: Back then, the Witnesses believed that Jehovah lived in the Pleiades Star System (Heaven), I believe!)

*** Millions Now Living Will Never Die Book (1920 Edition), Pages 89-90 ***

"Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old,..."

Page 97:

"That 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old ..."

*** The Golden Age March 16th 1921 Issue, Page 381 ***

"That period of time, beginning in 1575 before A.D. 1, of necessity would end in the fall of the year 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take place? In the type there must be a full restoration; therefore the great antitype must mark the beginning of restoration of all things...there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob...we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the conditions of death,...Then Jerusalem will become the captial of the world,...Because that time is at hand we can confidentlly say: Millions now living will never die."

*** The Golden Age March 1st 1922 Issue, Page 350 ***

"Lo, our King is here, and the year 1925 marks the date when all shall see His mighty power demonstrated in the resurrection of the ancient worthies, and the time when 'millions now living will never die'."

*** The Watchtower July 15th 1922 Issue, Page 217 ***

"There exist, however, well established relationships among the dates of present-truth chronology. These internal connections of the dates impart a much greater strength than can be found in other chronologies. Some of them are of so remarkable a character as clearly to indicate that this chronology is not of man, but of God. Being of divine origin and divinely corroborated, present-truth chronology stands in a class by itself, absolutely and unqualifiedly correct."

*** The Watchtower September 1st 1922 Issue, Page 262 ***

The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914.

*** The Watchtower April 1st 1923 Issue, Page 106 ***

Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge.

*** The Watchtower July 15th 1924 Issue, Page 211 ***

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914."

*** The Watchtower January 1st 1925 Issue, Page 3 ***

The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year.

*** The Watchtower September 1st 1925 Issue, Page 262 ***

"It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated the thought that 1925 should see an end of the work, and that therefore it would be needless for them to do more."

*** The Watchtower August 1st 1926 Issue, Page 232 ***

"Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not so state."

*** Vindication Book Volume I (1931 Edition), Pages 338-339 ***

"There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time. Later the faithful learned that those dates were definitely fixed in the Scriptures, and they also learned to quit fixing dates for the future and predicting what would come to pass on a certain date."

(MY COMMENT: Did the Watchtower Society LEARN to "quit fixing dates for the future and predicting what would come to pass on a certain date"? You would think they would have, after predicting Armageddon in 1874, 1914, 1918, 1925, and World War II, HOWEVER, they DEFINITELY DID NOT LEARN! Go to this Address to read all about 1975: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36961&site=3 )

*** Awake! June 22nd 1995 Issue, Page 9, Can You Trust God's Promises? ***

Bible Students, known since 1931 as Jehovah's Witnesses, also expected that the year 1925 would see the fulfillment of marvelous Bible prophecies. They surmised that at that time the earthly resurrection would begin, bringing back faithful men of old, such as Abraham, David, and Daniel. More recently, many Witnesses conjectured that events associated with the beginning of Christ's Millennial Reign might start to take place in 1975. Their anticipation was based on the understanding that the seventh millennium of human history would begin then.

These erroneous views did not mean that God's promises were wrong, that he had made a mistake. By no means! The mistakes or misconceptions, as in the case of first-century Christians, were due to a failure to heed Jesus' caution, 'You do not know the time.' The wrong conclusions were due, not to malice or to unfaithfulness to Christ, but to a fervent desire to realize the fulfillment of God's promises in their own time.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 21 September 2002 18:0:46

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well brother Rutherford WAS heard to say, regarding 1925 :

quote. "I made an ass of myself". unquote.

That explanation is sufficient. It is the officially sanctioned Watchtower explanation re 1925. Stop beating your former fellow servants and trying to disparage Jehovahs beautiful earthly organization.

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

UD....many thanks for another fine "timeline quotes"..................

J Gull

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Good compilation of scriptures

just what I was looking for

thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit