"Disassociation" research questions

by Nathan Natas 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In response to a question during an on-line discussion I opened my 1995 edition of the WTS CD-ROM and typed "disassociated" into the search field. I got some very curious results.

The CD search engine returned NO hits prior to 1981!!

I was long gone from the Borg in '81, and I know that the subject of disassociation was discussed prior to then. I also know how the "light" flickered on the subject - is it possible that the WTS has either editied their official CD more extensively than is generally known or that the WTS has somehow crippled the search capability so that it only finds approved articles? Or both?

I wish we had among us a person or team of persons with the talent and interest to examine the WTS CDROM data structure and figure out a hack to get a fully-functional uncensored search capability. Anyone can email me privately, my email is unlocked and impervious to Watchtower Script Kiddie Virus attacks.

Second question - what publication is "om" and why would it not be included on the 1995 CD if the index lists it as a reference? I'm guessing it is "Organized blah blah Ministry something" but I don't know what the complete accurate title is. This seems to be another book the WTS does not wish the public to have easy access to - which means it must be done!

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 21 September 2002 16:14:6

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Om = "Organized To Accomplish Our Ministry" and it has never been included in a CD ROM as it is not for public distribution. There is a copy available on the Watchtower Observer website.

The 1999 CD shows hits for the word disassociated back to 1952 under the Watchtower.

Lew

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    is it possible that the WTS has either editied their official CD more extensively than is generally known or that the WTS has somehow crippled the search capability so that it only finds approved articles? Or both?

The Society CLAIMS that it is supposed to have all Watchtower Articles going back to 1950, I believe.

However, I think I read that they edited out a few Articles about 1975, and I think they edited out a few others that showed major contradictions.

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Some Kingdom Ministries don't show up on my copy of the Library too, I get a "Not available" alert.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are some more Publications (about 1975) which I have heard are NOT on the CD-ROMs:

Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God Book (1966)

Awake! October 8th 1966 Issue

Awake! January 8th 1968 Issue

The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life Book (1968 Edition)

Awake! October 8th 1968 Issue

The Approaching Peace of a Thousand Years Book (1969)

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How Book (1971)

• stichione
    stichione

Strangely enough I can't get anything older than 1970 for Awakes on my 1999 WTS CD-ROM.

• Quotes
    Quotes

There are NO pre-1970 Awake!s on the 1999 CD-ROM. But as Undisfellowshipped pointed out, that seems to work in their favour, since there are some really doozies in 1968.

Here is a list of stuff on the 1999 CD-ROM (this list is available at http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/admin/source.htm):

Contents of Watchtower Library - 1999 Edition

58 Your Will
    63 Babylon
    63, 1983, 1990All Scriptures
    68, 81 Truth
    71 Great Teacher
    71 Know Jehovah
    71, 92 School Guidebook
    72 Paradise Restored
    73 Gods Kingdom
    73 Peace and Security
    74 Eternal Purpose