My sister is being harassed by the elders

by opusdei1972 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lieu
    Lieu

Lol @ John Aquila ... Er, I don't think Peruvian police dismember people for money like in Mexico; different leagues. They'd much rather toss someone alive into the interior Amazon for a real life episode of Naked and Afraid.

But seriously, she should definitely file a police report for harassment. If need be, maybe a few neighbors who witnessed the bad yelling behavior could give statements in support. Then write a letter stating she's looking for a new congregation. [I'd write it in Quechua because I'm an asshole.]

Make a copy of the letter for the police to go into the complaint file, and one for the Branch.

Apparently, they missed the latest Peruvian Law where one cannot even cat call at women walking the streets? 12 yr punishments. Yelling at her in the street is jailable ... and who wants to go to a Peruvian prison?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

A letter was sent through a notary public in order to notify the elders of the congregation, "who orally accused her of apostasy, that they must specify in a letter the date of the judicial meeting so as to attend that meeting in the presence of her lawyer to protect her constitutional rights".

Let's see what will they do.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Glad she sent the letter. Good for her.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Thanks for telling us the news! Go sister opus! Let us know what happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit