My sister is being harassed by the elders

by opusdei1972 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

When my sister stopped attending the meetings, the elders went to her house to know why. So she showed them the past publications where the organization proclaimed false prophecies, and where organ transplants were considered as canibalism. She also exposed for them the absurdity of the blood fraction issue. Then they decided to accuse her for apostasy.

• violias
    violias

I've seen Boe's do things this stupid and worse The elders and others often encourage vigilante behavior privately but the WTS won't back them up with Legal if they get in trouble. A few Boe's have found this out the hard way.

I'd have her go to the police first and get a paper trail started .She might want to write or maybe call the WTS and let them know what is happening and what she has had to do. If they knew of this behavior and esp if she makes it official with the police, well, they might tell them to leave her alone.

Is she unmarried ? Even more reason for her to fear their creepy behavior. Too many of us have let them get away with bad behavior but it can be stopped.

I just read your post above and she can always fall back on she was stumbled, depressed, and just asking for clarification. I like the idea about she just wants to attend another most supportive congregation. Done all the time here in states.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just tell her to report to the police she feels frightened and intimidated by these 2 men who keep pestering her. she has to say she feels her life may be in danger because they seem to be deranged. make sure all that is on police record.

then--she gets a gun and shoots them dead if they threaten her again. but she might still end up disfellowshipped.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    If they already are calling her for a judicial committee it may be too late. I'm thinking in her situation, just let herself be free of it all. Quickly she will see how they have no real power over her, and she will be completely free to live her own life. She could talk to people she cares about and tell them what is happening to her, so they know it was simple questions they are disfellowshipping her for. This way she would not really be defamed, but they would know she wasn't treated right.
  • tiki
    tiki

She should go to the police....issue a formal complaint. I find it amazing that they are going to such lengths....they need to get the message to cease and desist.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    POLICE ! ! ! ! HARRASSMENT, AND STALKING CHARGES....LIKE NOW ! !
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    I like the idea about she just wants to attend another most supportive congregation. Done all the time here in states.

I would not answer their calls nor open the door so they showed up to my place of work, and waited until I was headed to my car to tell me they had scheduled a Judicial Committee for apostasy. I very plainly told them not to show up at my place of work for me.

They told me the JC was scheduled and if I didn't appear they would proceed without me.

So first thing I did was write an email to the COBE in the congregation and told him that I was withdrawing membership from that congregation. Legally you can cancel your membership in any organization religious or not (except the mob, maybe, no legality there).

Next I wrote a letter.

I told them in the PDF letter I attached to an email that I sent to all the BOE's email addresses that I felt some of them were harassing me and I did not consider myself any longer a member of that congregation so if they continued their harassment I would seek legal means to stop what I considered abuse and retaliatory behavior.

I told them I was withdrawing membership in that particular congregation but this in NO way meant I was disassociating myself and reserved the right to seek another congregation more welcoming than they were.

It's been over a year now that I haven't sought to join another congregation and I like it that way, once in a while I listen in on the phone to the meetings, and I've gone to assemblies and the Memorial, but I'm liking my fade and taking it slowly for my wife's sake, it's been traumatic for her, she's still quite loyal to the WT.

The JC was never held. And I'm sure they checked with Momma WT's legal department who most likely told them to stop it and they were on their own if they persisted and it became a legal matter.

You've got to hit them hard or they'll feel free and mighty to continue the mental and emotional abuse. I say knee them in their congregational gonads! They'll get the message to leave you alone.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So, my sister told them that she wouldn't go unless they send to her a letter specifying the charges against her.

Why lead them on ??? , why doesn't she just say I don't want anything to do with the religious organization period. In other words don't play their game for their own sake.

She doesn't have to be intimidated by some goon thuggery men who are playing god.

Just tell her the next time an elder contacts her, that she should tell them she's done completely with this organization plain and simple, they can do whatever they want on their own accord, from that point on she couldn't care less.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Things like this baffle me, but mind you I've kept my mouth shut. I was an active publishing, member for decades and when I walked out the door not even 1 elders visit. Only 2 separate visits from cong members who could be bothered to find out how I was. Must admit I'm surprised but there you have it. It's never a good idea to be open with Wt.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Your sister needs to file a request for an order of protection, Monday Morning With the local police! !!! Don't even bother calling WTBTS. An order of protection is better than a restraining order. If they break an "order of protection" the elders can personally can go to jail. They cannot visit her house uninvited, this is stalking. She needs to get their names, addressees and phone numbers if possible, or as much information about the elders/ stalkers for the written complaint and request for an order of protection. HINT: Google and other search engines, even Facebook, are a great providers of addresses phone numbers and birthays, and other information needed in filing out an order of protection.

If she files for a restraining order or even better an order of protection she will most likely get it, but if they deny visiting her house, she will need a photo or some proof. If she explains to a judge what they are doing, they will have to lie to get out of it. Judges today will err on the side of the accuser. Proof via Camera phones' photo is acceptable.

I can almost guarantee that if she files for an order of protection against the elders individually, she will never face the committee for the accusations of apostasy. The elders are instructed to drop the pursuit mode if inactive people even hint at legal repercussions. Hope this helps.

File the order of protection on the individuals NOT the congregation or WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit