Making known the truth about "The Troof"

by ozziepost 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

One of the heartening things about enjoying freedom, is that you're in a great position to make known the truth about "The Troof".

That was the happy position that Mrs Ozzie and I were in this evening. We were invited to visit a Baptist Church in Sydney who had a arranged a special evening. On the program was a visiting international Christian recording artist and your old Ozzie who was asked to deliver a talk about "The Troof".

The evening was very well attended by several hundred people, both young and old. Boy, could they sing!

Your Ozzie spoke for 45 minutes (well, that's the usual for Public Talks, isn't it?) on experiences in the borg and after. The audience was particularly moved by the family shunning experiences. Of course, what's most important is why? Why does someone leave the borg, and at such a cost? Ozzie was able to speak on behalf of many, including many posters on JWD, who've been sufferers too.

The evening finished with the pastor giving a great "plug" for tomorrow's "Sunday" program. He did ask his congregation, though, to tape the program, as they're supposed to be in church in the morning!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Dawn
    Dawn

Great job Ozzie!

There was a time when I was so scared to speak against the Org - I just KNEW it was the "unforgivable sin". Now I feel compelled to tell others the REAL truth.

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Ozzie,

Good job! I think that it's so very important to get the word out about the WT's teachings and the sufferings that goes along with it. In my experience, too little is known about the jw's by most people. It is good when we can warn them. dj

• jimbob
    jimbob

Don't forget...according to the Society's new arrangement, you can count 15 minute increments. So you just got 45 minutes in and several hundred RV's.....that should bring up the congregation average.........:)

• Perry
    Perry

Way to go Brother! I always dreamed about doing someting like that but figured I'd screw it up somehow. Thanks for being a voice for many of us here!

• Beans
    Beans

Was the Theocratic Ministry Baptist Overseer there and what was your mark?

Beans

Canadian Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit