Index of acronyms : help for new forumers

by Mary J Blige 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

Filthful and Discredited Slave, Faith-fooled and Discredited Slave = Faithful and Discreet Slave

Gaffe-earning Body, Gaffe-honing Body = Governing Body

Wash-towel Babble and Crap Society, Wash-towel Babylon Crap Society = Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

Minstrel Serf Ant = Ministerial Servant

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone
    This may very well be the funniest thread I have ever seen here. I admit, it took me a LONG time before I began to catch on. Thanks to those who enlightened people like me.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Here's some I use (some have actually been entered into rebel8's "Apostate Dictionary")

"Watchtowistan", "Smurphobia", "Sparlockian", "Deafsterbation", "thinkingest", "happifying", "spanx", "WTFness", and "The Magnificent Seven"...

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

Oh my. There's an apostate dictionary? This is so interesting. Thank you all thus far - I will no doubt continue to find and post things and I really appreciate your time in answering without making me feel like a nit wit.

All these changing terms... sounds like a substitution or disguise - creating new terms for new light or (perceived) innovation.

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Here I go again guys - SIL : I have always thought this means sister in law but the context of the post just read infers is a position in the congregation...
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

My humble contribution:

Bitchtower which is Putalaya in Spanish.

Septapope (meaning 7 popes).

Dingdong hall.

Faithless and Indiscrete Slave.

• Splash
    Splash

DUB and its associated DUBBIE comes from the name JW (jay DUBbleyoo).

That's why they are also called J-DUBS.

• tiki
    tiki
    Circus servant...do they still do the rounds? Did anyone mention the Pioneer shuffle? That painfully slow amble to houses where one fakes knocking...
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I looked through the comments; I didn't see that anybody explained what RTOs are - Regional Translation Offices - offices that the org is setting up for translation in certain areas. There has been some discussion on this site about that because it seems that they are buidling nice buildings for translation when some of us wonder why they can't just put a few desks in a room somewhere or why they can't use FEMA type trailers since supposedly the end of the world is imminent.

Some feel that it's an excuse for them to build nice buidlings with donated money and free labor - buildings that they can sell for a nice profit.

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Magnum, I had done some reading on that (RTO) the other day and I was along your thought train : how about desks in a portacom or flying some interpreters to WTHQ for an 'authentic' and economically sustainable experience. I didn't consider resale of the new building though, thought it was more a visual statement in attempt to convert "more" of the masses. Your sentiment makes far more sense; given the climate of needing "more money" and willingness of a voluntary and totally external labour force... those delegates wouldn't need to travel back to these lands to ever see what became of the RTO or KH so it's only the local brothers who have to be fed a line about the RTO work being completed or congregations pooling resources or other. I recall as a child failing to understand why we would build KHs if there was a risk of being destroyed at A. As an adult, I confess that I am struggling with the RTO concept. Certainly food for thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit