Index of acronyms : help for new forumers

by Mary J Blige 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

Hi everyone!!

Am finding a whole lot of acronyms that are really foreign to me and I now have an appreciation for what cult language sounds like to non-culters. Wondering please if you can post your definitions so I can get up to speed. Otherwise, as an indoctrinated ex-culter, I am inclined to create my own new light and swiftly it will be gospel.

Even links to old threads if this has come up before would be fantastic. I am spending so much time reading thread after thread that take me off in so many research directions, I am having trouble keeping up.

Thanks much!!!

No more drama!!!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    WTF do you mean?
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Mary J Blige , I`m not sure i quite understand your question either , however stick around ask questions , someone will answer them for you , maybe if you list the acronyms you don`t get you will be enlightened .

You learn more here in a week , 7 days than 7 years in a K.H.

Dont`t forget to use the search option , a wealth of info is available their on every topic you can think of .

Take care

smiddy

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

Not just acronyms but slang and colloquialisms too.

GB - Governing Body, JC judicial committee ...

TTATT I guess is the truth about....

Eldub - I guess a random elder JW...

RC and RTOs and ???

When I was active there were "assemblies" - district or circuit (DAs or CAs) you had MSs and COs. Now I read COBs and HL??? The acronyms for groups / individuals and tasks/events that have changed in the last 12 years because the mechanics has changed I guess. As a near df'd person I had noone feeding me JW doctrinal changes or simple lingo changes so now there's some stuff that I am trying to understand by reading the context of the sentence rather than posting "what's an X?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ironic Terms that Ex JWs use.

Dub

JW. From Jay Dub Yoo.

Dublication

Publication

Washtowel

Clocktower

Witchtower

Watchtower

Theocrapic

Theocratic

Asleep!

Awake! (Magazine)

The Lie

Da Troof

The Truth

Kingdumb Hell

Kingdom Hall

Kingdumb Maladies

Kingdom Melodies (Songs)

A$$emb£y

Assembly ($ & £ used as an ironic way of alluding to the Watchtower being more interested in money than anything else)

CON-vention

Convention

Oversneer

Overseer

Circus Oversneer

Circuit Overseer

bOrg

Brooklyn Organisation (Refers to how the Borg take and enslave minds in the Star Trek TV show)

bOrganisation

Organisation

WBT$

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society ($ used as an ironic way of alluding to the Watchtower being more interested in money than anything else)

Eldubs

Elders

Ministerial Serpent

Ministerial Servant

Beth-hell

Bethel

Craptised

Baptised

Prattform

Platform

Failed Misery

Field Ministry

Field Serve Us

Field Service

Oily Spirit

Holy Spirit

Litter-trash

Literature

Mentally Diseased Apostate

Apostate

Governing Baddies

Paedophile Protecting Men

Popes

Governing Body

Cow

Circuit Overseer’s Wife (COW acronym used as a literal word)

Sad

Special Assembly Day (COW acronym used as a literal word)

Filthful and Excreting Saliva

Filthful slave

Unfaithful and disgusting

Faithful and Discreet Slave

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WelcomeMJB by the way.
  • TheListener
    TheListener

TTATT =the truth about the truth

RC = regional convention (this is the new name for the district convention)

CA = circuit assembly

UBM = unbelieving mate

AGM = annual general meeting (yearly wt corp meeting in ny or nj)

GB2.0 = the newer governing body that exists today as opposed to GB1.0 which had the old timers from the 70s/80s on it

C&S = Caleb and Sophia. The society's latest child indoctrination cartoon characters

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Thank you thank you punkofnice and TheListener. Two things on that list I had no idea of - nor Caleb and Sophia but get that now - thanks!. The meaning of a lot of these slang terms would not be clear for people who speak English as a second language too aside those disassociated for some time. (Example 'hogwash' for René Vázquez and RC I would have assumed Roman Catholic). Might not be clear cut for those lacking a warped sense of humor either!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, as you are a fab singer and artist...how could I not assist?

The ex jw community has it's own patios.

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

I try my best!! ;)

Apathy trollies - another gem leaned from you punkofnice - I gather they are the propaganda stands... when did they become the craze anyway? I haven't seen them here in the flesh but did see them on web....

And when did jw.org start going all techhie? Gawsh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit