People should learn more about the Bible flaws

by opusdei1972 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    CalebInFloroda

"how-to-think-with-your-brain" lessons for later in life, like the university system. Primary education for youths today is more of telling people WHAT to learn instead of teaching them HOW to learn.

And people need to stop listening to Fundamentalist Christians and JWs about archeology backing up the Bible.

So basically, JW and Fundamentalist are like children who think they can teach.

Image result for pic of a child teaching

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

More of Caleb's

RESPONSES FROM READING THE INSPIRED WORKS OF THE GREAT LORENZO

Caleb. I know you're trying.

"Trying" what? I'm not trying anything, not after they introduced Coke Zero!

But you have to understand, too, where I'm coming from.

Do I really? Can't I just wing it or "call it in"?

I'm afraid. But I'm happy! I am sooo happy!

Which is it?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    CalebInFloroda

Pretty good stuff Caleb, I enjoyed today's lesson. Please keep on posting.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Weekly bible reading...LOL!!! Like the scriptures that talk of YHWH making it rain and sending thunderbolts?!?! YHWH the cloud rider/rain God! That's who the JWs worship, and they don't even know it.

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

opusdei1972: "But we need a book of a high school level in order to show to the students the flaws of the Bible."

This short list that I organized should be helpful to people at all educational levels.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Village: thank you sharing your list. I want to comment this

"Jesus curses entire towns for not being impressed by his miracles "

This may prove that Lazarus was never resurrected by Jesus, because no one was impressed by him, and the first three Gospels ignored it.

• LorenzoSmithXVII
    LorenzoSmithXVII
    opusdei197233 minutes ago
    Village: thank you sharing your list. I want to comment this
    "Jesus curses entire towns for not being impressed by his miracles "
    This may prove that Lazarus was never resurrected by Jesus, because no one was impressed by him, and the first three Gospels ignored it.

Interesting. Jesus also implies those who rejected him from his own generation and who saw the Christ and rejected him will not see life. Those from Sodom and Gommorah will do better.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Interesting. Jesus also implies those who rejected him from his own generation and who saw the Christ and rejected him will not see life. Those from Sodom and Gommorah will do better.

It is very odd that a miracle like the resurrection of Lazarus was ignored by the three first Gospels. It is also very odd that Jews who supposedly saw that rejected him as the Messiah. So, I don't buy that story. To me, it was an invention of the Johanine community at the end of the first century.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Opusdei has a point. It is very peculiar that witnesses to a resurrection like that of Lazarus' would turn on Jesus a week later.

It is also peculiar that the Jesus of the New Testament doesn't resemble much at all the Messiah as hoped for by the Jewish community and the way it both interpreted the Scriptures pertaining to the Messianic age and to the idea behind the whole reason for the messianic concept.

The blessings of the Messianic Age are expected to be free to all persons and discernible to everyone, Jew and Gentile. The idea behind the messianic concept is to heal all that is wrong with the world, not give the world a test to see who in the world will believe that so-and-so is the Messiah and to punish and deny the blessings of the messianic age from those people. The whole idea behind the messianic concept is to bless the entire world, especially those who believe there is no reason for hope, but Jesus of the NT constantly teaches the opposite, that those who don't accept him as the Messiah don't get any blessings. What kind of redemption is it to punish those without hope and faith?The Messianic Age is supposed to bring hope to the hopeless and restore faith to the faithless. The NT idea of a Messiah is truly erroneous because it teaches the opposite!

The promise to Abraham and Sarah was that through their offspring the entire world of humanity would receive blessings upon themselves. The idea that a man from Nazareth who, by the way, tells people not to spread the news that he is the Messiah and is rather indirect about his being the Messiah when put under oath before the Sanhedrin, turns out to be this person who fulfills the hopes of the Jewish people for the world is hard to reconcile. Since the messianic concept is a Jewish one, why does the New Testament reject the Jewish notion that Jesus doesn't fit the bill? Revelation in Judaism is public and truths are agreed upon by consensus of all, not by a hierarchy or small group of apostles. If Judaism as a whole says " no, this man is not the Messiah," and even Gentiles can see that no Mesianic age is upon the world, then why is it not possible that the greatest error of the New Testament is the identity of the Christ?

True, many Christians will argue this, but aren't most of them Gentiles? Who are Gentiles to tell Jews who the Messiah is or not? The whole concept is Jewish, the hopes originate with our culture. Even if you are not Jewish, why is the logic of many open minded people rejected when they see no reason to hope in such a man.

If the teaching of the Messianic Age is a true one, no atheist, agnostic, or person of any other creed will be left out in the darkness promised by Jesus to those who reject him. On the contrary, no one will have to check with the Jew whether or not that age has come for it will be apparent to all. You don't need a New Testament to tell you when peace has finally come to our world, when redemption from suffering is here, when all hopes are satisfied. That isn't something that comes in secret or is invisible but present since 1914 or takes a special Bible formula to encode by certain "chosen" ones.

While recognizing much good the idea of Jesus can be in highlighting some of the ideals of Torah regarding love for neighbor and respect for the world we live in, I think one of the greater errors of the New Testament is to teach that the Jews got their own ideas about the Messianic Age and it's free blessings for all humankind wrong. Even if the original Jewish concept itself is not a true hope to begin with, it is still the greatest error to twist such a mythology into something it isn't and never was.

• Finkelstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit