"Super Smash Bros. Melee": "Gree...

by Ephanyminitas 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

To those of you that are big "Super Smash Bros. Melee" fans (as am I!), I am sorry. But I'm sitting at a computer right now (duh) listening to the Green Greens theme -- the orchestration of classic Nintendo themes is excellent -- and I just noticed that it sounds a bit like a Kingdom Melody. Of course, it's tons catchier than a K.M., but you get the point.

While I'm on the topic, are there any other SSB:M fans in the audience? This is like my all-time favorite game.

Ephanyminitas (who, yes, is 24)

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I gotta be honest, it's not my favorite. It's like a fun game to play with tons of people and just passing off controls and what not, but as far as fighting games go, it's my least favorite. (sorry)

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

Ack! (o_o);; I'm wounded! Can someone help me ... please ... ?

Actually, I'm not an experienced fighting-genre type of person, so I'm willing to admit that, in a technical sense, SSB:M is probably not the best game; but I must say that I feel it's one of the most fun (and certainly Nintendo-nostalgic) games I've ever played -- especially with other people. It's just ... FUN, damn it all!

What is it about the game that you don't like? Or is it less of a this-and-that thing and more of a just-not-your-type thing? What fighting games DO you like, just out of curiosity?

Come on, SSB:M fans! I need your support!

-- Thus spoke Ephanyminitas.

Edited by - ephanyminitas on 19 September 2002 23:23:24

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I think SSBM is great! However, there are many other fighting games that are far superior ie: Soul Calibur

As far as fun factor goes though SSBM is a great party game epsecially if you've had a few drinks.

I actually am not a fan of Nintedo, mainly because of their business practices, but they do make some pretty good games.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting game...I think GSX and I talked about this before.

Simpsons boxing is fun...lol

Umm I dunno, I think I don't like it because there is too much going on, and it seems like I can never learn the combos, just hitting random buttons is more effective. I dunno, maybe it's just me. It is a lot like an arcade fighting game, and to me those are kind of old school, which if you are into that (which you obviously are) more power to you, but I want bigger, better, faster, etc.

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

Truth be told -- and certainly it always should be -- I'm not much of a game buff. The fighting genre just isn't my type of game. I'm more of a Mario 2-D platformer (though I _will_ be checking out "Super Mario Sunshine") kinda guy. So not having knowledge of fighting games, I can't say fairly whether "Melee" is comparitively good or not. I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, I admit.

So these factors -- being a Nintendo fan (lotsa nostalgia in "Melee"), loving the Mario Bros. (go Luigi!), and liking head-to-head combat (did I mention that?) -- they combine into me liking "Melee." I simply love it.

Not having anything to compare too, I can't say whether the controls, etc., are good; but I've never had any problem with them. With Luigi, Falco, or even Jigglypuff, I'll kick ANYONE'S butt -- but only in that game. :-)

E

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit