WT Society Makes Light of Child Abuse Crimes by Portraying them as Cartoons

by flipper 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Morris's postulation of " The New Morality " clarifies his own ignorance on sexual abuse of children.

There is nothing new about child sexual abuse, it was around in ancient times, all throughout human history.

Anthony Morris once again confirms that the GB men who run the WTS. are solidify idiots, foiled in their own unrelenting ignorance and delusions.

What can be confirmed and accepted now is that child sexual abuse is deemed a grievous crime, something that was not recognized in the past. The WTS and its leaders have been slow and repellent in that acceptance and that is obviously connected to the endeavors of protecting the image of the organization as a whole.

Jehovah's organization doesn't have pedophiles within its members

...... and then there were law suits !

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Flipper, use real humans as real actors portraying real situations? Are you serious? I can just see it:

Casting call- need middle aged brother who can act like a pedophile. Where would they find someone like that in all of Bethel?

I applaud the idea of the internal PSA, but question the use of a cartoon and the actual motive behind it all (WT Legal Dept.).

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

cartoon teachings for a cartoon cult religion......i straight up tell my kids what kind of people to look out for. i show them the people on the sex offender list and show them they look like normal people.

i tell them not to trust anyone, especially witnesses.....my wife says the same as me.

if they do get approached or touched to come to us....i will let the local police know....i will persecute and if it is happening and i catch it....I WILL TERMINATE THE SORRY EXCUSE OF A PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Im with goingthruthemotions...; )
  • Listener
    Listener
    How is a child chid who has already been abused going to feel after seeing this video? Probably very bad because they hadn't been able to respond to the situation as portrayed in the video.
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

So, where are the cartoons, presentations, articles, etc. that provide some clear guidance to the parents/adults? This illustrates the fact that the Organization does not know how to deal with crimes. Their focus are often on what the victim needs to do, and not on what parents, adults, bystanders needs to do. This is, by definition, victim-blaming.

If you are JW, I'll make it easy:

One of principal tenets of being a parent is the responsibility to your child. Do we really need to debate that? That means, report all crimes to the authorities in order to keep your child (and society at large) safe. If you worship a God that disagrees with this, then the God you are worshipping is not worth worshipping. No respectable God would require parents to sacrifice their children to make a point. If you are in a religion that makes you choose between your responsibility to your child (and other people) vs. its rules and reputation, then you need to check your priorities.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Interesting side note: I attended the first week of scheduled conventions on May 22, and this video was NOT in the program. Looks like WT is changing the program to fit its NEEDS, on the fly, as raging hot topics are forced upon them.

Tech49

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Personally if I was young child and saw these two come into my bedroom, I would be scared of something bad to happen.

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10
    Just shows the disconnect between the GB and reality. They have no training in these matters, they're a group of idiots running a worldwide organization.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

WHY don't they show this? WHY they show this "tasmanian devil" instead of a real person, known by the child, maybe called "uncle" by the child?

or maybe called ' Brother Elder'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit